ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 & selfsufficency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andes6
Newly Registered

EEA2 & selfsufficency

Post by andes6 » Tue May 25, 2010 11:53 am

Dear friends,

I am a Non EEA citizen married to a sweet Polish citizen. We both are currently working in Netherlands and planning to move to UK in the next few months.

I managed to get a EEA family permit and subsequently have also got a job.Although, I am yet to get the offer in writng but my employers accepted my family permit as a proof of right to work and hence invited me for the interview and gave the job. But, Now we are bit stressed as she doesnt have any job there in the UK and we do not know if my application for EEA 2 would be granted. I believe, I can apply for EEA2 and EEA1 based on a self sufficent status.
My EEA family permit expires on 30th October and my job would start in the 1st week of August (That means by October end, I should be having at least 2 salary slips).

I would like to know

1) if it is possible to get a EEA2 showing that my wife is self sufficent based on my salary?

2) we have bank accounts in Netherlands and also a non functional account in Natwest.How much balance Am I supposed to show?

3) How should I go about getting the NHS insurance card/ Comprehensive Health insurance (websites/insurance type)?

4)Will her salary slips in Netherlands and my Salary slips in Netherlands help?

I would be grateful if you could kindly share your experience and advice me accordingly.It would be nice if you guys could mention the exact documents submitted to the HO.

I would be looking forward to your reply.

Many thanks in advance.

andes

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue May 25, 2010 12:03 pm

The expiry date of the EEA FP is irrelevant as your rights derive solely from the (genuine) relationship with the EEA national but you may find it difficult to convince your employer. Self-sufficieny is possible on the basis of the non-EEA national working but unfortunately it means that you will have to take out a comprehensive sickness insurance which can only be a private one if it is a UK insurer. If your spouse wants to work she will have to look into the Worker Registration Scheme.

I suggest reading http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/ including the links therein.

andes6
Newly Registered

Post by andes6 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:22 pm

Thanks so much for this quick info. I would surely look for the right private insurer ASAP.

I have gone through the website and also this forum. I would say this has been very informative.

At this moment, it appears that my UK employers want me to start at the earliest but I have to stay back in Netherlands (notice period of 2 months).

I can start only in August and that means could only show UK based salary for 2 months before my EEA family permit expires (in October). Do you think it would be fine if I apply for EEA2 with a selfsufficent clause? What would be the right time to apply for EEA2? My wife would be looking out for jobs once we are there in the UK. At this present moment we both are employed in the Netherlands.

Your suggestions and advice are most welcome.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Andes

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue May 25, 2010 1:55 pm

There is no 'right' time for application nor are you required to apply. One of the first things you will have to sort out after arrival is a bank account and for that you will need the passport. If the UKBA needs more documents later on they will contact you.

And one more note: there is no requirement that the health insurance must be private nor that it must be a British insurer.