ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time frame for first entry using Tier 1 General Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ignouonline
Newly Registered

Time frame for first entry using Tier 1 General Visa

Post by ignouonline » Wed May 26, 2010 12:40 pm

Dear All,

I hold a valid tier 1 general visa stamped in Feb 10 with the start date as 10th May 2010.

I may not be traveling in next 3 to 4 months period due to personal reasons. I would like to know whether any expiry or time frame by which i should arrive in UK to keep the visa active.

Is the time frame starts from the date of stamping or the start date mentioned in the passport stamp ?

If there is any rule, kindly provide the link.

Rgds,
Ign.

Pranvayu

Post by Pranvayu » Wed May 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi Mate,

Your visa starts from the date mentioned on the Visa and not the date on which it was stamped. If the start date is 10th May then this is the start date.

I believe you can enter the UK anytime before the expiry of the visa but you have to remember that it's bette to start sooner than later as if you will be going for an extension of your Tier 1 after 2 years then you will have to show sufficient funds etc and this is best earned in the UK.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed May 26, 2010 1:35 pm

As farr as I know there is not timelimit to enter UK on Tier 1 visa.

But it is advised to enter at least 1 year before the expiry of visa.

If you come with less than 6 months left on your visa then you are likely to face some problems at airport immigration.

But i think there is no law as such asking to land in UK within set time line after getting Tier 1 visa.

ignouonline
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by ignouonline » Wed May 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Dear all,

Thank you for all your help.

can you share any British High Commission visa related enquiry email id where i can contact them by mail to check for formal response?

Regards
Ign.