ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student application invalid - URGENT 8 days to leave!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lizziet

Student application invalid - URGENT 8 days to leave!

Post by lizziet » Wed May 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi all
Sorry to re-post, but i'm afraid nobody is going to see my post written at the end of my old thread and I'm desperate for advice - we have 8 days!!
To summarise: My boyfriend has been here for 3 years as a student (below degree level) and each year he has had an extension on his visa. He applied for his last student visa extension at beginning of Dec 09 as his visa was due to expire end of Dec 09 (current course is NVQ level 3 and college is "A" - Trusted Sponsor). He wasn't called for biometrics and at end of April (nearly 5 months later) they sent back his application as invalid saying he must reapply because his payment didn't go through. He was given a short timeframe to reapply which he did. Today he has received a letter refusing his visa on the grounds that his course is NVQ level 3 and his college is category A "Trusted". He has no right to appeal because his invalid first application meant that when he reapplied his current visa had expired. He has been told he must leave the country by 4th June.
Is there anything he can do or does he just have to accept the decision and leave?
Anything anyone can say would be helpful - we are desperate.
Thanks you
Lizzie

bethnalblue

Re: Student application invalid - URGENT 8 days to leave!

Post by bethnalblue » Wed May 26, 2010 9:09 pm

lizziet wrote:Hi all
Sorry to re-post, but i'm afraid nobody is going to see my post written at the end of my old thread and I'm desperate for advice - we have 8 days!!
To summarise: My boyfriend has been here for 3 years as a student (below degree level) and each year he has had an extension on his visa. He applied for his last student visa extension at beginning of Dec 09 as his visa was due to expire end of Dec 09 (current course is NVQ level 3 and college is "A" - Trusted Sponsor). He wasn't called for biometrics and at end of April (nearly 5 months later) they sent back his application as invalid saying he must reapply because his payment didn't go through. He was given a short timeframe to reapply which he did. Today he has received a letter refusing his visa on the grounds that his course is NVQ level 3 and his college is category A "Trusted". He has no right to appeal because his invalid first application meant that when he reapplied his current visa had expired. He has been told he must leave the country by 4th June.
Is there anything he can do or does he just have to accept the decision and leave?
Anything anyone can say would be helpful - we are desperate.
Thanks you
Lizzie
Sorry to hear that your boyfriend have been refused, the very first advice I would suggest you is to see a professional solicitor who can guide you through the right channel as your boyfriend has very little time left. Second thing is just accept the fact and leave the country before 4th June so in near future you won't face any problems to enter the country again.

Hope what ever you decide turns out good for you.

All the best.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Continue in the original topic.