ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Costly Mistake (Tier2 Refused)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

some1_6e4ever
Newly Registered

Costly Mistake (Tier2 Refused)

Post by some1_6e4ever » Thu May 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi .

Just wondering if any one could suggest on the following issue.
I applied for the Tier2 General three weeks ago along with three dependants.
i was switching from PSW to Tier2 and been employed with the same employer for more then an year( dont know if i will be tommorow).
My Visa Application was sent back today along with the letter explaining that because of the depandent who is one year old child,his photo is invalid ( his mouth's open in the photo )All the applications has been been returned as invalid.

My PSW visa expired two weeks ago and i dont know where i stands.
it does say in the letter if i reply it will be considered as a fresh application from the date they receive the application.
it also says that they are making arrangments to return the fee.
but it doesnt say anything about where i stand with the status.

can someone kindly shedd some light on the following please?

1 ) can i apply for review?
2 )can i reaply with an appology letter and new photos?
3 )if i go home and apply from there. Do i need to ask my employer for a new COS or old COS is still valid ( it was issued a month ago)?

any help would be highly appreciated.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:44 pm

oh dear..........

well, your visa (permission to stay in UK as a psw) has expired and you DONT have any outstanding application with Home Office.

This means you have overstayed... because thats what the rule book says.

Sometime caseworker is known to have allowed applicants to apply straight after the refusal such as wrong application form etc etc but it appears in your case he hasnt done so.

INFACT he/she has clearly stated that your new app date will be the date you post your new app so i think he hasnt given you that option at all. Try to get on the phone and get better advice through HO although i personally wudnt get my hopes up.

You need to apply from home i am afraid as that is your best bet unless you get them to say (on phone) that you CAN apply again while remaining in UK!!!

regards

some1_6e4ever
Newly Registered

Post by some1_6e4ever » Thu May 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Thanks

Any professional advise on the status of MY COS please?
is it worth giving my luck a try by sending it all back once again to HO for the sake of it?

Regards

djzack

Post by djzack » Fri May 28, 2010 10:16 am

Most likely the COS has been marked as used with the first attempt and you WILL need a new one in that case.

I am sorry for your situation, looks like the ever so complex process of getting a work permit just got a few more complexities added to it..

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Fri May 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Well, i think you can reapply and this time make sure you are using corrct photographs for all u r dependents and yourself, and attach the letter you got from HO and write a nice covering letter explaining the situation and you should be fine....(one of my friend had a similar situation but for a student extension visa, and when he reapplied as explained above everthing went fine)

talking about the COS, i though you can use it for 3 months from the date issued untill an unless there is any wrong information provided on it(but not very sure abt it, wait for seniors to confirm)...talk to a solicitor, take some professional advice and reapply and you should be fine..good luck and keep us informed

ella87
Newly Registered

Post by ella87 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:42 am

Oh my God....

I cannot advise you because I do not have enough experience myself, but couldn't help but say that they do really treat us like dirt....giving the stupidest and the most ridiculous reasons to make our lives impossible...yeah rules are rules but still....omg...