ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for ILR for 6 months, Advice please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drkazton
Newly Registered

Waiting for ILR for 6 months, Advice please

Post by drkazton » Thu May 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Hi

I hope someone can advice me on what I need to do next. I am waiting for ILR for past 6 months.

I Applied for ILR SET(O) - HSMP JR
Document sent - 27th November 2009
Payment gone through - 29th November 2009
Ack letter received dated - 01 December 2009
Waiting for ILR still...
Straight forward application with no longterm UK absences.

I have called HO 4 times in the last 2 months after initially waiting for 14 weeks but everytime I am being told that according to the system my case work is in progress.

When I ask when can I expect to receive my passport, all I get is "95% of postal applications are processed within six months".

Any advice on what I can do to see my passports back in hand.
Also if someone has a landline number to call HO please can you forward it to me. Spent a lot of money on 0870 number.

Thank you

drkazton
Last edited by drkazton on Thu May 27, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 27, 2010 6:05 pm

If you feel you're being given the runaround by UKBA, you could contact your local MP for help.

regards

drkazton
Newly Registered

Post by drkazton » Sat May 29, 2010 10:53 am

Hi

Thank you for the link. I have now mailed my local MP and am waiting for a reply. This is just frustrating,

Regards

drkazton

Murat
Newly Registered

Post by Murat » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:16 am

I can see that the last post date is a bit old but I would like to ask if you received your passports back yet? Because my application -like yours- is almost 8 months old now and did not get anything back yet.. I will be very happy if you could provide an update..

mcgrath
Newly Registered

Post by mcgrath » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Hello

Have you written to your MP?