ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa without NI number (worried!)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london boy
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa without NI number (worried!)

Post by london boy » Fri May 28, 2010 3:10 am

Hi,

Has anyone heard of any instances where a tier 1 or tier 2 visa application has been rejected due to an National Insurance number not being submitted with the application?

My partner has submitted her tier 2 application form to the Home Office and she did not input her NI number. I'm worried this may affect her application and she won't be able to come back! She has worked in the UK and has been allocated an NI number.

Is the NI number something crucial to the application process? What purpose does it serve?

Thanks

Arjun_123

Post by Arjun_123 » Fri May 28, 2010 9:31 am

Hi,

dont worry you should be fine..i submitted my application without Filling in the NI Number field and i had no problems at all and my application was approved. so relax and good luck.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:49 pm

if you did not provide NI number even when they ask you in the form than you are treading on a dangerous path. What happens now is that caseworker will become a bit suspicious and do a background check. if there is even a shadow of doubt over your past earnings/employment than he can legally reject your application citing "hiding material facts".

If that was JUST an oversight from applicant's point of view, then the safest thing to do is submit change of circumstances form and supply NI number.

Remember. they will NOT give you second chance and you really dont wanna go through appeal process over such a small thing.

hope you catch my drift. be on a safe side and give them your NI number.

regards