ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank unable to provide me Fund Maintenance certificate

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

prisat
Member of Standing

Bank unable to provide me Fund Maintenance certificate

Post by prisat » Fri May 28, 2010 12:35 pm

Folks -

I hold an Savings Account with HDFC Bank and they have clearly said that it is not possible to give me the fund maintenance certificate as below.
She clearly said NO to my query and said she can just give the Bank Statement for 90 days period.

May 04/10

Name:-
Address:-

To,

The assessing officer,
British Deputy High Commissioner
Mumbai

Funds maintenance certificate

Dear Sir,

We refer to your letter dated 03/05/10 requesting bank to provide funds maintenance certificate for below referred account held with us.

This is to certify , that Mr XXXXXXXXXXX is holding savings account no XXXXXXXXXXX with outr bank since XXXX and the lowest balance kept in the account for period 1st Feb 10 to 30th April 10 is Rs XXXXXXXXXXX which is equivalent to XXXX GBP@69.54 as of 25th February 2010

Also, the funds held in the savings account no XXXXXXXXXXX are in cash and can be utilized at any time without any restriction"

Account No Type of Account Lowest Balance Balance in words

XXXXXXXX Savings Rs XXXXXX Rs in words

This certificate is being issued to you upon your request.

Yours faithfully

Signed For HDFC bank

Branch Manager Name
Sign Sign

Bank Seal

Whats next now ????? I believe that the statement for 90 days is also fine......

What do you think guys..... HDFC bank sucks.... and the branch manager was a lady... :( She was on her stand. She never gave up.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: Bank unable to provide me Fund Maintenance certificate

Post by adityak77 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:03 pm

indianinwold wrote:Folks -

I hold an Savings Account with HDFC Bank and they have clearly said that it is not possible to give me the fund maintenance certificate as below.
She clearly said NO to my query and said she can just give the Bank Statement for 90 days period.

May 04/10

To,

The assessing officer,
Mumbai

Dear Sir,

We refer to your letter dated 03/05/10 requesting bank to provide funds maintenance certificate for below referred account held with us.

This is to certify , that Mr XXXXXXXXXXX is holding savings account no XXXXXXXXXXX with outr bank since XXXX and the lowest balance kept in the account for period 1st Feb 10 to 30th April 10 is Rs XXXXXXXXXXX which is equivalent to XXXX GBP@69.54 as of 25th February 2010

Also, the funds held in the savings account no XXXXXXXXXXX are in cash and can be utilized at any time without any restriction"

Yours faithfully

Signed For HDFC bank

Branch Manager Name
Sign Sign

Bank Seal

Whats next now ????? I believe that the statement for 90 days is also fine......

What do you think guys..... HDFC bank sucks.... and the branch manager was a lady... :( She was on her stand. She never gave up.
Fantastic!

This is HDFC bank letter which I posted. Please show them the Tier-1 visa requirements and explain why you need a letter and they will give in 2 days, with 3 months bank statement of the same mentioned period.

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Bank unable to provide me Fund Maintenance certificate

Post by prisat » Fri May 28, 2010 3:23 pm

adityak77 wrote:
indianinwold wrote:Folks -

May 04/10

To,

The assessing officer,
Mumbai

Dear Sir,

Yours faithfully

Signed For HDFC bank

Branch Manager Name
Sign Sign

Bank Seal

Fantastic!

This is HDFC bank letter which I posted. Please show them the Tier-1 visa requirements and explain why you need a letter and they will give in 2 days, with 3 months bank statement of the same mentioned period.

I SHOWED THE SAME, THEY SAID IAM LYING THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY ASKED ME FOR PROOF....

Patil

Post by Patil » Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm

If you are submitting original Bank statement...Letter from the Bank is not required.You can easily get the BANK statement.

Senior please correct if required.

/Patil

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Sat May 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Any INputs ????????

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun May 30, 2010 2:11 am

You do not need any letters if you are submitting original bank statements.
Please look at the guidance notes for alternative documents.
Goodluck.

hsmp_2010

Post by hsmp_2010 » Sun May 30, 2010 5:56 am

YOu still need letter from bank showing minimum fund maintend in past three months. Explain the bank folks (if required talk to branch manager) show them the guidline printout from UKBA. They should give letter, format might be bit different.

YOu may try with this :
###############################################
Date: XX/XX/2010

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXXXXX holds a saving account with XXXXX bank, account number ##########. The same was opened on XXXX. The least balance that was maintained during XX/XX/2010 till XX/XX/2010 was as RS $$$$$$$$, on XX/XX/2010.
In case of any doubts please feel free to contact us.

Thanking you

Authorized Signatory
XXXXX Bank Ltd.

This letter has been issued on specific request of the customer without any liability or Risk to ICICI bank or any of the officers of this bank.

#############################################

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Sun May 30, 2010 8:44 am

hsmp_2010 wrote:YOu still need letter from bank showing minimum fund maintend in past three months. Explain the bank folks (if required talk to branch manager) show them the guidline printout from UKBA. They should give letter, format might be bit different.

YOu may try with this :
###############################################
Date: XX/XX/2010

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. XXXXXXXX holds a saving account with XXXXX bank, account number ##########. The same was opened on XXXX. The least balance that was maintained during XX/XX/2010 till XX/XX/2010 was as RS $$$$$$$$, on XX/XX/2010.
In case of any doubts please feel free to contact us.

Thanking you

Authorized Signatory
XXXXX Bank Ltd.

This letter has been issued on specific request of the customer without any liability or Risk to ICICI bank or any of the officers of this bank.

#############################################
I showed the point 200 from Guidance document. Branch Manager (lady) said do you understand english. Where has it stated to specify the word minimum in ur Account.

You are so tense. that is the reason you are asking this. I will just give a letter and that is more than enough.... We have already given so many letters to so many people and they had no problem. You are the first person to ask me this. Dont worry.. Your VISA will go thru....

MAN - SHE INSULTED ME TO THE CORE
i have been working in the consulting business for over 7 years engaging myself with Tier 1 clients across globe. She said that
1. My english understanding was not good. :roll:
2. She commented that iam so tensed :oops: (though this is not the first time iam applying for a VISA, I was a US Work VISA holder) and that is the reason i am asking for such letters.
3. She said, no bank will give such a statement.

:evil:

Have to go and speak to her on Monday...... Hoping for the best.

muditmalhotra
Member of Standing

Post by muditmalhotra » Sun May 30, 2010 11:23 am

i really dont understand y banks do such things !!
My friend also had same issues with ICICI but after like 10-12 days of pushing he was successful, keep on pushing and try some other branch !!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 30, 2010 12:22 pm

Could you please explain why you need such a letter?

regards

Patil

Post by Patil » Sun May 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Can anyone please finalize(Person who already applied or Received VISA or moderator or Any senior member)...is such type of letter from bank is required if you are submitting original bank statements?

prisat
Member of Standing

OOPS

Post by prisat » Mon May 31, 2010 11:09 am

sushdmehta wrote:Could you please explain why you need such a letter?
regards
How else can you show to the Assessing officer that you have maintained the funds through your 90 days period.

Do you feel that only 90 days period of statement is OK to go thru.....
OR
Do we really need such a letter ( i have seen people posting those letters ).

Can somebody throw up light on this matter ????????

Notes from guidance document

The letter from the financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority or home regulator should show:
• the applicant’s name;
• the account number;
• the date of the letter;
• the financial institution’s name and logo;
• the funds held in the applicant’s account; and
• that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been in the bank for at least three consecutive months on and immediately before the date of the letter.

The letter must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application. We will not accept letters which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds sufficient funds for the full period needed.

PLEASE NOTE THAT BANK STATEMENT THAT THE BANK ISSUE ONLY HAS AMOUNT (IN NUMBERS) IN LOCAL CURRENCY. :idea:

sekhar0520
Newly Registered

Post by sekhar0520 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:18 am

hi

Are you trying for the certificate at a HDFC branch in Bangalore? Have you tried in any other branch?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 31, 2010 11:23 am

:shock:

Read para 215(i) of the guidance *very very carefully*.

regards

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:01 pm

Patil wrote:Can anyone please finalize(Person who already applied or Received VISA or moderator or Any senior member)...is such type of letter from bank is required if you are submitting original bank statements?
NO, if you are submitting original bank statements.

As said above read para 125(i).. that will clear our your concerns..good luck !!

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Mon May 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Either letter or 3 months bank statements, whichever.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Thank you for all your updates / replies / VALUABLE suggestions

Yesterday i went to the Bank and they said they will give some letter matching the nearest format that i gave them.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:35 pm

I also got same type of letter from the bank. In my case, just to be in safe side, I included the letter and also 3 months bank statement. There was no problem. All the best.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:25 am

rohitktm wrote:I also got same type of letter from the bank. In my case, just to be in safe side, I included the letter and also 3 months bank statement. There was no problem. All the best.
Yes - Iam submitting the 3 months statements too.

Letter dated between 3 months which exceeds 90 days though... (for example - 3rd March 2010 to 2nd June 2010)