ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa extention Maintenance inquiry.urgent please

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saaj79
Newly Registered

student visa extention Maintenance inquiry.urgent please

Post by saaj79 » Sat May 29, 2010 2:42 am

Hi
soon in july its my first extention is due, as now im on old student visa.
i ve some question in my mind to prepare my application.
1: could somebody please confirm that maintenance concession (explained below) is still valid or its ended.

''Applicants making a Tier 4 application from in the United Kingdom will only need to show proof that they have the money needed, on the day that they apply. The length of this concession will be announced in due course.''
the 28 days rule was suspended so its still suspended or we need to show money for 28 days in our account?

2: is it ''just 28 days or 28 working days'' and if they consider working days is ''saturday is working day'' as most of banks remain open on saturday.

3: last and most important question is my recent course is finished on 20th may of this year and new course is going to be started in september of this year.how much funds i need to show in the term of manitenance?
will it be £1200 or £5400?

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Sat May 29, 2010 7:52 am

1. One day rule ended by 22 February 2010, you have to maintain the amount for 28 days.

2. 28 Days i.e. from 1st June to 28 June including weekends and BH. better maintain it from 1st to 1st July.

3. 1200 (outer London + one year tuition fee unless the fee is paid in advance or 1600 for inner London + one year tuition fee.

Best of luck.[/quote]
M W ALI