ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FiancÂ

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

FiancÂ

Post by amirtaheri » Sat May 29, 2010 1:03 pm

First post, so bear with me.

I applied for my fiancee's visa to come to the UK, get married and settle in the UK. I completed the VAF4 form and paid the extortionate 6,475RMB (Chinese Yuan Approx £575) application fee and my fiancee submitted that to the Visa Application Centre in Wuhan, China. This was submitted on 23 March.

We received word on 23 May, the passport was ready to be picked up at the Visa Application Centre and we were successful. I asked my fiancee to send me a scan of the visa to make sure everything is in order.

The visa itself is here:

My main concern is whether this is the correct visa and that with this visa she will be able to stay in the UK and apply for FLR without having to return to China and having to apply for a new marriage visa. Is this the case or have the UKBA cocked up?

Put simply, is the above a valid 6 month fiancee visa and not a marriage visitor visa?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 29, 2010 1:35 pm

If it was a visit for marriage visa it would state this on the vignette.
Spouse fees are high. Don't forget that in addition to the intital £575 fiancee visa you're going to have to apply for Further Leave to Remain -FLR(M) after the marriage and a further fee in 2 years for permanent residency.

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

Post by amirtaheri » Sat May 29, 2010 1:52 pm

So would I be correct in assuming that this is NOT a Marriage visitor visa but in fact a fiancee visa?

I am aware of the additional application fee for the FLR, but because of personal circumstances, this arrangement has worked out to be more convenient as I would not have to purchase an additional return ticket to go to China, nor stay in China an additional 2 weeks and all the accompanying costs. On balance, the financial cost would have been the same I estimate.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:55 pm

That looks like the one my wife got 2 1/2 years ago and has the same endorsement.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 29, 2010 3:54 pm

The endorsement is correct. Also the fee for a Marriage Visit visa would have been less.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 29, 2010 5:52 pm

The application form for Marriage Visitor visa is VAF1F and associated fee RMB 715.

Both Marriage/CP visitor visa and finace(e)/propsed civil partner (of settled person) visa have 6 months validity. But, AFAIK, the endorsement on a marriage visitor visa is "Visit(or) - Marriage/CP".

regards