ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job market for IT Sales

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trahul4
Newly Registered

Job market for IT Sales

Post by trahul4 » Mon May 31, 2010 6:15 am

Hi

I've been rading the posts on this forum and observed that this forum is dominated by IT technical people.

On the other hand, can someone let me know his/her thoughts on the job market for IT sales people in UK ?

Cheers.

IMHO4u
BANNED

Post by IMHO4u » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Forum is not dominated by IT ... Its other way around ... From India, usually only IT professionals are going the Tier 1/2 way ... may be only they earn great and are the majority anyhow ...

Sales is traditional dominated by local people and it continues to remain so. In my firm, all sales is done by brits and in rest of European countries, the local sales team. (Even if can get in .. chance is remote, you will find it difficult to grow). Usually the immigrants are into core Tech. (individual contributors)

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Job market for IT Sales

Post by *FC* » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:10 pm

trahul4 wrote:Hi

I've been rading the posts on this forum and observed that this forum is dominated by IT technical people.

On the other hand, can someone let me know his/her thoughts on the job market for IT sales people in UK ?

Cheers.
I agree with IMHO4U. Sales has always been a thing of the British and it is the local and cultural thing that goes into it. I am not sure how well an IT sales person from another country does well here. Very similar to having an IT sales person from Italy trying to sell his product in India! :)

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 pm

the biggest challenge for foreigner to enter sales field is communication skills. No matter how good you are in sales, if you do not have fluent communicating skills (which includes British accent), I think it will not be easy. It is not like programming job at all.

Amarinder_83
Newly Registered

Post by Amarinder_83 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:05 pm

I have recently registered, so appologies to add a reply on this thread which is little old....

For all Indians who have Tier 1 Visa and are looking for a Sales Job in UK:-

1. IT Sales requires the sales person to understand technology, pain areas of the customer and accordingly proposing a solution to it.
2. IT Products / Services/ Solution / Requirement remains the same globally and would never change. The versions might be different and the requirement might be different but concept remains the same.
3. Though local knowledge is importnat but nevertheless if you are a experienced Sales Professional then getting a job is not that tough.Market knowledge can be gained with time.
4. One needs to be consistent in the way they search and present their Application.

I hold an Tier 1 Visa and plan to be in London by May 2011. I have already identified the set of companies, I would like to work with and have already started shooting mails to their HR, Sales Head etc. Infact i have already fixed two interview meetings.

One needs to have the right approach........I have been in IT Solution Sales for last 8 years and I am confident of getting a job in UK.