ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After Fiancee Visa - FLR(M) Application Form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

After Fiancee Visa - FLR(M) Application Form

Post by amirtaheri » Mon May 31, 2010 11:01 am

Now that I have my fiancee's entry clearance in the form of a Fiancee Visa, I'm looking at what comes next. I have printed out form FLR(M) and I wondered where it asks "Your full name as in your passport or travel document" she would have to put her Chinese name. However, for day to day English use, she goes by another different name and this would also change completely to reflect her marriage to me.

To give an example, my faincee is called (example): Zhang Guangyin
Day to day English name is: Sarah Zhang
After marriage: Sarah Taheri

However, within China, regardless of marriage, her name will always remain as being Zhang Guangyin. Thus her Chinese passport will only ever state this name. However, if she is living in the UK and settled in the UK, she will be using her day to day English name and would like that to be reflected in her official documents, ie Drivers licence, Identify card etc.

Is this possible?

Many thanks for your help!

amirtaheri
Newly Registered

Post by amirtaheri » Mon May 31, 2010 11:04 am

Also in FLR(M) in 1.5 it asks for the surname or family name, would I put down her surname in her passport or my surname now that she is married to me?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon May 31, 2010 11:40 am

amirtaheri wrote:Also in FLR(M) in 1.5 it asks for the surname or family name, would I put down her surname in her passport or my surname now that she is married to me?
You would put down her passport surname.

I don't know about the Sarah bit because I imagine on the marriage certificate she has her Chinese name down. However, she can use your surname since that will be on there. I think a deed poll will be needed to change her first name.
I tell it like it is.