ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HOW SOON can apply Tier1 Visa Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nishadhawn@rediffmail.com
Newly Registered

HOW SOON can apply Tier1 Visa Extension

Post by nishadhawn@rediffmail.com » Mon May 31, 2010 8:16 pm

We working in UK on Tier1 General HSMP visa since oct-2008 and visa will Expire on sep-2011.

We would like to have the Visa extension done ASAP.

Can above be done now or by when at the earliest?

Also we hope the Extended Visa Issue Date will be continuing further from sep-2011?

Thanks

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: HOW SOON can apply Tier1 Visa Extension

Post by *FC* » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:48 am

nishadhawn@rediffmail.com wrote:We working in UK on Tier1 General HSMP visa since oct-2008 and visa will Expire on sep-2011.

Also we hope the Extended Visa Issue Date will be continuing further from sep-2011?

Thanks
I don't quite understand the reasoning that's gone behind getting an extension done on a visa valid till Sep 2011 ASAP.
My guess would be a clear rejection even before applying, not for the visa, but for the extension process.

Would like to hear about the exceptional circumstances for an early extension though !

sreekareddy
Newly Registered

Post by sreekareddy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:11 pm

Gurus, I am also looking for the same information. Please help!!!

Thanks,
Sreekanth

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:18 pm

explore the forum through search option.

This topic has been discussed in detail several times in the past.

nishadhawn@rediffmail.com
Newly Registered

Post by nishadhawn@rediffmail.com » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:04 pm

*FC* wrote:
nishadhawn@rediffmail.com wrote:We working in UK on Tier1 General HSMP visa since oct-2008 and visa will Expire on sep-2011.

Thanks
I don't quite understand the reasoning that's gone behind getting an extension done on a visa valid till Sep 2011 ASAP.
My guess would be a clear rejection even before applying, not for the visa, but for the extension process.

Would like to hear about the exceptional circumstances for an early extension though !
One key REASON is that one feels more safe atleast from the Visa side - Job continuity u never know given the recession still On in UK - so early the visa is processed the better when one has the continuous job status

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:23 am

UK immigration rules state that you should apply at least one month prior to the expiry of visa. But some people in this forum got extension four or five months before expiry date. I think there is no clear law stating that how early one can apply. If you are that worried about recession, etc, how about you just give it a try, and let us know what happened? But if I were you, I would wait at least one year before applying for extension.

Thanks

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:12 am

There is a reason UKBA has moved extention from 3 year (previously) to 2 years .... if people were to apply anytime ... why would they do that? ... and that to it was highlight of the changes they did for April 6th onwards.