ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Set (O) - HSMP JR - Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

H28
Newly Registered

ILR Success Set (O) - HSMP JR - Croydon PEO

Post by H28 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Got ILR today at Lunar House in Croydon. The process was very straightforward. I had applied under the HSMP JR category.

On entering the office, my partner and I went through an airport style security check following which our application was inspected on the ground floor. Thereafter we were asked to go up to the first floor and pay the fee (£1249). All of this happened rather quickly.

Next we waited for about 30 minutes and our number was called. The caseworker inspected the application, requested to see 3 months of Pay-slips and bank statements, and all P60's. I also provided a letter from my employer confirming my start date with them, title and annual salary. Nothing else was requested.

I had also provided a detailed breakdown of the days out of the UK clearly specifying the purpose and additionally the type (Annual paid leave, bank holiday or unpaid leave). The days out did not exceed 180 days and I confirmed that I had not been out for more than 3 months at a stretch at any time.

Like others who have applied, I had gone in with exhaustive documentation including bank statements for 12 months, all payslips, land registry title document of my home, mortgage statement, financial documents for my partner etc but they were not needed.

The office was very noisy and I did have a really hard time hearing the case worker with all the children screaming in the room.

The case worker took between 45 minutes to an hour to make a decision and took copies of the payslips and P60's. Thereafter the application was accepted and we were asked to come back in an hour to pick up the passports.

We went to the shopping centre opposite Lunar House (look for the Sainsburys across the street), had a good lunch and came back to pick up our passports.

The Home Office process for ILR was indeed quite good and a simple case like ours was handled very efficiently. My advise to anyone would be that based on our experience - prepare for the worst (so take all the documentation you could need) but in all probability expect to be asked for the basic information that's specified on the form and Set (O) guidance. It would be a good idea to prepare a file for the information that you would definitely need to provide - 3 months of bank slips, payslips, passports, application form, P60's. A second file could contain other documentation that may be needed but would probably not be asked for.

Good luck everyone and thank you to all those who contribute to this forum and help make this a stress free process for all.

shs213

Re: ILR Success Set (O) - HSMP JR - Croydon PEO

Post by shs213 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:52 pm

H28 wrote:Got ILR today at Lunar House in Croydon. The process was very straightforward. I had applied under the HSMP JR category.

On entering the office, my partner and I went through an airport style security check following which our application was inspected on the ground floor. Thereafter we were asked to go up to the first floor and pay the fee (£1249). All of this happened rather quickly.

Next we waited for about 30 minutes and our number was called. The caseworker inspected the application, requested to see 3 months of Pay-slips and bank statements, and all P60's. I also provided a letter from my employer confirming my start date with them, title and annual salary. Nothing else was requested.

I had also provided a detailed breakdown of the days out of the UK clearly specifying the purpose and additionally the type (Annual paid leave, bank holiday or unpaid leave). The days out did not exceed 180 days and I confirmed that I had not been out for more than 3 months at a stretch at any time.

Like others who have applied, I had gone in with exhaustive documentation including bank statements for 12 months, all payslips, land registry title document of my home, mortgage statement, financial documents for my partner etc but they were not needed.

The office was very noisy and I did have a really hard time hearing the case worker with all the children screaming in the room.

The case worker took between 45 minutes to an hour to make a decision and took copies of the payslips and P60's. Thereafter the application was accepted and we were asked to come back in an hour to pick up the passports.

We went to the shopping centre opposite Lunar House (look for the Sainsburys across the street), had a good lunch and came back to pick up our passports.

The Home Office process for ILR was indeed quite good and a simple case like ours was handled very efficiently. My advise to anyone would be that based on our experience - prepare for the worst (so take all the documentation you could need) but in all probability expect to be asked for the basic information that's specified on the form and Set (O) guidance. It would be a good idea to prepare a file for the information that you would definitely need to provide - 3 months of bank slips, payslips, passports, application form, P60's. A second file could contain other documentation that may be needed but would probably not be asked for.

Good luck everyone and thank you to all those who contribute to this forum and help make this a stress free process for all.
Congrats!

My appointment is in two weeks - good to hear success stories :d

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:32 pm

Congrats H28

And thanks for some good advice. I'm applying next week under HSMP JR. Did the case worker ask for Employer's letter or you gave it from your side. I have all the relevant documents but my employers letter is just basic, as I work as a contractor and I dont have a fixed salary.

I'm really worried about this letter as its a norm for HO to ask for employers letter. What do u make of this...

Many thanks

Pk

nnchum
Newly Registered

Congratulations! Got our ILR today as well

Post by nnchum » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:33 pm

Hi! We're celebrating our ILR that we also got in Croydon today so we probably met there :D
I was applying under a combination of WP+Tier 2 extended for the same employer doing the same job. Absences from the UK were 212 days, 3/4 of these were buisness trips, no single trip exceeded 90 days.
Documents I had: all P60, letters from my employer regarding ongoing emplyment and the business trips + one more from HR about the duration and terms of annual leave (in one year my holidays outside the UK were 58 days but only 28 working days so I got the letter from HR confirming thaty my holiday is 28 working days). I also had 6 months bank statements, mortgage paperwork, Land Registry docs for the house that we own.
The only difference is that our caseworker asked only for 3 months of payslips or 3 months bank statements, it took him probably 30 minutes to consider. I could see him going through my 3 passports and probably checking the dates that I listed. Must have been quite a task as I've had over 30 trips in and out and some of the stamps were illegible, I had to go through my emails to etsablish the dates. Anyway, I prepared a list with the passport numbers and pages of each stamp but he managed himself and did not ask for any explanations.
Thank you very much to all people who shared their experience and expertise and helped us in the process. THANK YOU!!!!!
Good luck to all applicants