ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appearance for EC interview

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rella

appearance for EC interview

Post by rella » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:01 pm

My husband is going in person for the EC interview in Los Angeles. We're having a bit of discussion about how important the way he looks is to the IO. He has very long hair-- past his shoulders--and a beard. He works in music software, so he says he looks like what he does. I say that the IO doesn't know or care about what developers look like in his industry and that they will judge him based on his hippy appearance and that it may go against him.

What do you all think? Does a person need to look like the stereotypical professional for the EC interview or is he ok looking like himself? He's never had trouble getting employment or being promoted and coming off as an expert whether his hair is short or long.

Opinions?

Thanks.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:18 pm

I understand your line of thought. You want the interviewer to form the best possible impression and that it will help in your EC. I dont know if that will help your case but there is no harm in it.

My two cents -
You have all the right documents? You will have a successful EC experience. EC rejections take place because of typical reasons like
- Fradulent, inaccurate, inconsistent or poor documentation
- Lack of funds
- Accomodation issues

Look after those issues and the rest should take care of itself even if the applicant has hair growing beyond the shoulder and reaching the midriff.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:36 am

I really dont expect the ECO's decision to be affected by appearance(at least in LA)

So i think the right docs are good enough.
My bow has been renewed