ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last Month Salary Paid by Cheque

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

geeteshanand

Last Month Salary Paid by Cheque

Post by geeteshanand » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Guys,
My visa is u/process for Tier 1 General. I have an urgent query:
My last month salary(i.e.12th month) was paid to me by cheque. Now the letter from my employer has confirmed this in writing (that the amount infact was paid by cheque) mentioning the amount of the cheque, that the cheque was issued on my name, the date of the cheque and the cheque number.

My bank statement shows the exact amount coming in. The cheque number shows on my bank statement as "Reference Number" and Description says "Transfer".
Do you guys feel this should be ok or the ECO will turn down my application?

Will really appreciate your thoughts guys.

Thanks

Cheers..

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Last Month Salary Paid by Cheque

Post by aspirant99 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 am

geeteshanand wrote:Guys,
My visa is u/process for Tier 1 General. I have an urgent query:
My last month salary(i.e.12th month) was paid to me by cheque. Now the letter from my employer has confirmed this in writing (that the amount infact was paid by cheque) mentioning the amount of the cheque, that the cheque was issued on my name, the date of the cheque and the cheque number.

My bank statement shows the exact amount coming in. The cheque number shows on my bank statement as "Reference Number" and Description says "Transfer".
Do you guys feel this should be ok or the ECO will turn down my application?

Will really appreciate your thoughts guys.

Thanks

Cheers..
it should be ok...wud hav been better if u wud hv mentioned the same in the cover letter and highlighted the bank statements for the salary credit...dnt wry..gud luck

geeteshanand

Post by geeteshanand » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks @aspirant99.
Well yes I did highlight my bank statement for the money hitting my account through this cheque+plus all other salaries credited through the company's online payroll system. But I did not mention the issue of cheque payment in my cover letter. I assumed that the ECO will read this in the letter from employer which says and I quote "Kindly note that the applicant's gross salary for the month of January 2010 was paid to him via our bank cheque, no. 244. This bank cheque was issued on his name for so and so amount and on so and so date "
I hope this is ok.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Post by aspirant99 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:29 am

geeteshanand wrote:Thanks @aspirant99.
Well yes I did highlight my bank statement for the money hitting my account through this cheque+plus all other salaries credited through the company's online payroll system. But I did not mention the issue of cheque payment in my cover letter. I assumed that the ECO will read this in the letter from employer which says and I quote "Kindly note that the applicant's gross salary for the month of January 2010 was paid to him via our bank cheque, no. 244. This bank cheque was issued on his name for so and so amount and on so and so date "
I hope this is ok.
should be fine..good luck!!..let us al know how it goes