ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

houman1979
BANNED

UK Absence

Post by houman1979 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi,

I have a question about ILR. I am working in a company in the UK on hourly basis. Now I am outside the UK and I will come back after 61 days. As I am employed on hourly basis I was not pai during these 61 days (only a small amount from previous months).

Then, considering that I would not be outside the UK for more than 180 days total and the point that in this time I am not out of the UK for more than 90 days, should I explain or justify anything at the time of ILR application? As I searched the forum, there would be no problem if I do not break the 180/90 days rule. But I want to be sure.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:01 am

Having received Tier 1 leave to enter in end 2009 with possible entry into UK in 2010, you'll be applying for probationary citizenship as and when you qualify and the residential requirements (e.g. - absences from UK) for probationary citizenship are unknown as on date.

regards

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:54 am

Thank you.

Certainly I know that. I want to know if it is necessary according to the current rules, I'll get a letter from employer confirming my continious empolyment in the company. Maybe it would not be necessary under PC.

Again Thank you.

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:03 am

If someone has excess absences then it would need explaining. Whats the point in explaining something which UKBA doesnt require you to explain?