ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Plz share the best way of arranging Courier

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

farazfastian

Plz share the best way of arranging Courier

Post by farazfastian » Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:04 am

Dear Experienced Users,

Plz share the best of arranging courier via FedEx or DHL, as i guess everybudy havng troubles in arranging one, esp Signature issue.

Thanks,
Faraz

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:18 pm

plz reply following queries regarding sending/receiving docs/app

1) arranging courier or sending application via friend in UK, which one is better?

2) if via friend, i'v heard that HO doesn't send decision letter other then applicant, so how to manage this?

3) if via courrier then how to handle signature issue.

Thanks & Regards
faraz

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:20 am

I have the same issue and founding it difficult to arrange a courier without signing issue.

Friends outside UK , pls let us know which couriers can be arranged to collect documents.

regds,
sjgul.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:22 am

Kindly provide help on the above issue.

regds.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:42 pm

Plz experienced members! just define a brief process of arranging courier, i guess it'll be beneficiary for all of us..

thanks n regards
faraz

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:32 pm

Hi,

This is how I arranged the collection of my documents:

1. Send an extra courier form filled out and signed along with your application to the HSMP team. (if you dont send it with your app, you can send it later, anytime... But I suppose it is best to send it with your app, this way you will save some money). This form should show your address as the destination and HSMP address as the origin.

2. Write on you cover letter that you would like your docs to be returned by courier, and you ask them to inform you when they are due to return, so you can make the necessary arrangements.

3. When they inform you they have reached a decision, you should call DHL's Office in UK and arrange the collection. Use an international credit card to pay for it.

4. Send an e-mail to HSMP with the date and time that your collection will take place, and remind them to give the form you signed to the courier. Don't forget to mention that all the costs regarding the collection have been paid.

That's how I did... How it helps....

Lucy.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:42 am

Thanks a lot Lucy for all your help.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:20 pm

Thanks for the detailed reply, btw just one thing bubbling in my mind that an extra courier form u'll send is from ur country, so isn't there any problem to DHL/FedEx Uk in accepting it?

Regards
Faraz

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:30 am

No, there is no problem, DHL forms are the same everywhere, the only difference is that it has everything written in both languages (local and english).

Rajan

Post by Rajan » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:35 pm

So, which courier is best for this purpose?

Thanks,
Rajan
---- Never Say No To Life ----

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:40 pm

In my personal opinion (and experience), it's DHL. They are far more polite and prepared than FEDEX. Besides I've read some posts from ppl who had bad experiences when using FEDEX.

This is the DHL number for calls outside uk: (00) 44 1332 816960

I am writting this number here because I had a hard time to find it when I was booking my collection, so it will save you some time.

Good Luck,
Lu.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:51 pm

Arranging courier by calling DHL uk or DHL local?

You guys have clearly said that we can arrange courier by calling dhl-uk but i'v also discussed this international pickup thing with dhl-local, they told me there is no issue of signature and u can arrange international pickup even locally and we'll handle the rest.

I guess dealing with local dhl will be more easy then uk one.

plz comments

regards
faraz

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:49 am

Dear lbfrancois,

i dont know about DHL-UK but i'v discussed this way with dhl-saudi and they r saying that its not possible as it must signed by sender party not u. they told me its against our rules.

so tell me how it worked in ur case.

thanks
faraz

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:10 am

man i called DHL-UK(ur mentioned number) as well and they told me it cant work out as it must be signed by sender party. i dont know how it worked out for u.

regards
faraz

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:51 am

Hi,

I don't know if it is against the rules or not... But it certainly worked (twice). I called dhl-uk because the local office couldn't arrange the collection (don't understand why).

This is the only method for courier arrangement that I am aware... If you come up with any other ways, pls let us know.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:51 pm

well may be the dhl representative i talked doesn't know this, plz can u just write in detail, that when u called dhl-uk on the number u'v already mentioned, what u actually asked them i mean have u explained them that sender party(hsmp) already has courier form so plz use that one etc.. or whatever.. plz elaborate it'll help alot.. 2ndly on phone how they managed payment via credit card?

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:19 pm

Hi,

You dont need to give the details to DHL or explain anything.
Just call them, press the number for collection, someone will answer and you tell him you would like to arrange a collection.

Give him the address for collection, the name of the contact for collection (your caseworker's name). Then he will ask the destination postcode only to calculate the costs, he will tell you the costs and you give him the number of your international credit card and expiration date. Tell there is no need to send a AWB, as the contact for the collection already has this form filled out.

Give then your phone number in case they run into any problems they will call you. He will give you the booking reference number and tell you how many days it will take to reach the destination.

Done!

Note that you must have a valid international credit card to arrange the collection.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:08 pm

dear lbfrancois following u, atlast i'v sent my application the way u described it as i dont had anyother option.. now i'll wait n see when this pickup stage will come.. will update the forum on this..

thanks to all
faraz

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:35 pm

Faraz,

We will all wait for your result and your pickup.

Please keep us posted on this.

regds,
sjgul.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:56 am

Dear All,

Sending filled DHL form didn't worked for me although i explained them in the cover letter. They sent it via Royal Mail, really i dont like this, they shuld have inform me. But Thank GOD i received all of my documents safely.

take care
faraz

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Mon Dec 26, 2005 3:55 am

Faraz,

Yes this is obviuosly bad. In fact , we can pay them more in addition to the Fee Charges as Courier charges.

sjgul.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:02 pm

Hi,

Which department returned your docs?

The charging team don't read the your papers, so they always return the docs via Royal Mail, regardless of what you said in the cover letter. But it's Signed For, so it requires a signature at the place of delivery.

The HSMP team they send you an email warning that your docs are ready for collection and you should make the necessary arrangements, if they dont hear back from you in 14 days, they send it through Royal Mail.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:38 am

I dont understand that how charging team can return documents as i think after charging they send application to HSMP Team in shefield. After taking taking decision they send back to the applicant, and on my envelop HSMP Team, Shefield address was written. they took decision on 7/12/05 and dispatched it on 10/12/05. furthurmore i didnt received any email from them.

regards
faraz

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:04 pm

The charging team returns documents if there is a problem with the payment of the application. In this case, it is sent back to the applicant without being processed by the HSMP team.

I asked about the deparment because you havent said the results of your application.

That is really strange, maybe your casewoker made a mistake or something, it is very clear on the guidance that applicants can make arrangements for courier collection. I understand that they may eventually send your docs via Royal Mail if you dont make the arrangements, but they should have at least contacted you.

Well, at least the docs reached you savely.
I hope HSMP changes its rules about courier arrangements and starts helping us get through this procedure in the future...

Best wishes,
Lu.

Keshav

Post by Keshav » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:58 am

Noticed from reading that there is problem in arranging courier. Can not we rely on the first class post that HO used to send back the documents?
....tough times never last,
but tough people do....