ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post-Study Work Permit, what's next?! Please advise...

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ella87
Newly Registered

Post-Study Work Permit, what's next?! Please advise...

Post by ella87 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 am

Dear all,

After graduating from University here in the UK, I successfully applied for a PSWP which is due to expire in September 2011.

I have currently got a job in my field of study that pays approx 24k pa with contract lasting up to the expiration of my visa (even though the contract was originally for a much longer period of time, they had to amend that due to my visa restriction and could not sign contract beyond visa ending date until my circumstances change...such as it being renewed/ extended).

I wanted from the experienced members here to advise me so I can prepare in the meantime all the necessary documents/evidence to allow me to renew my visa when time comes.

- What kind of category would I need to apply under when switching from PSWP? I did a bit of research and I do not qualify under the Highly Skilled Category because my earnings are not satisfactory to get enough points, so I am guessing Tier 2 general would do.

- Is this a points system application and if so, considering my salary, my maintenance funds will be at least £800 savings in the bank at ALL times, my UK degree (BSc), obviously English requirement and all that...not sure what else applies here ...ah my age 23 years old, etc, how likely am I to be successful on this occasion?

- I see that I must get at least 30 pts from the sponsor visa, I am unlikely to get 50 because I work as a researcher, it's not short occupancy or anything like that. Would I have to ask the same company for sponsorship if they're happy with me close the end of my contract or will a different one do too? If I need to be working for the same people and they're only willing to sponsor for a few more months, but after that I can find another job...this is just so complicated, will my first sponsorship letter indicating whatever date, mean that my visa cannot be longer than that and I will have to reapply if I get another job offer?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:36 am

Duplicate post ..... carry on discussion here :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#379900
John