ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to UK on Tier1, questions at the border?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kju

Moving to UK on Tier1, questions at the border?

Post by kju » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Hello,

I got my Tier1 visa 2 months ago (7.4), and since then I've been to UK once, stayed for cca 10 days (date of last entry 1.5).. That was my initial visit after I got the visa. I had to back to my country (Croatia), because I still didn't quit my job here.

Now, few weeks passed and next weekend I'm going to UK for second time (on Tier1), and I will stay for one month. Note that I am still employed in Croatia, i.e. I booked 4 weeks off work (= my remaining vacation days) and I will seek for employment while I'm in UK. If I find a new job, then I will quit my current job, and move permanently. The whole 'transaction' might take another 2 months (notice period at my company is 1 month).

Is there anything about all this, that I should worry about when crossing the border next weekend? Anything I should 'avoid' telling the immigration officers?

Other things: I have a bit less money on my bank account (in Croatia) then the maintenance funds for Tier1 (= around £2k), and I have found temporary accommodation for 3 weeks while in UK (a friend of a friend is subletting his room while on holiday). Should I take some proof for either of this? Is there anything else I should remember?

Your experiences? Please advise! Thank you!!!

kju

Post by kju » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:22 am

advice? anyone?

thanks

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 pm

You can answer immigration honestly and it should be like a breeze. As far as I know no one asks about proof of accommodation.

I would advise you to start applying for jobs and build rapport with agencies and then plan a journey because it is difficult to predict the number of calls one gets and the number(s) out of which materialize into an interview(s) and subsequently into an acceptable offer(s).

Shepherd