ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WORK PERMIT SECOND JOB

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shukryh
Newly Registered

WORK PERMIT SECOND JOB

Post by shukryh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Could any one please advice what the rule is regarding the second employment while on WP. (I had the WP during 2005- 2006 period under old rules)

If I had a second job to the contrary to the rule; (I just had the second job for 3 month period , part time/ weekends and not in the same line of work as my WP)

How this will have an effect on my ILR Application?
What are my options?

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: WORK PERMIT SECOND JOB

Post by senthil78 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:23 pm

shukryh wrote:Could any one please advice what the rule is regarding the second employment while on WP. (I had the WP during 2005- 2006 period under old rules)

If I had a second job to the contrary to the rule; (I just had the second job for 3 month period , part time/ weekends and not in the same line of work as my WP)

How this will have an effect on my ILR Application?
What are my options?
You are not allowed to do if the second job is not in line with your WP. I would advise you to disregard the time period until you left the second job and count for ILR afterwards. Have you paid NI and Tax for your second job?

shukryh
Newly Registered

Post by shukryh » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Yes, I have paid NI and Tax.

I have already applied for ILR and the application is already with Home office.

Further, in 2006 i changed the work permit to another employer ( my current employer). During this perioed in 2008 I chaned to Tier 1.

the second job was while on 1st work permit.

2005- 2006 1st WP & second job earning about £3000 for about 4 month.
2006- 2008 2nd WP (Current Employer)
2008 changed to Tier 1. ( Current employer)

Is there are way i could request to cancel or put on hold my application.

Appricite you feedback.

senthil78
Member of Standing

Post by senthil78 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:42 pm

shukryh wrote:Yes, I have paid NI and Tax.

Appricite you feedback.
I am not sure if HO pick this up as it is only 3 months. But we never know. You can't hold the process but you can withdraw the application by giving reason that you want to travel urgent. I don't know whether you lose the fee for withdrawing the application. Check UKBA site or wait for other members to comment. If you find that you will lose the fee, better leave it and hope for the favouravble outcome.

Hia_123

Post by Hia_123 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:55 pm

senthil78 wrote:

Appricite you feedback.
I am not sure if HO pick this up as it is only 3 months. But we never know. You can't hold the process but you can withdraw the application by giving reason that you want to travel urgent. I don't know whether you lose the fee for withdrawing the application. Check UKBA site or wait for other members to comment. If you find that you will lose the fee, better leave it and hope for the favouravble outcome.
The application will be treated as withdrawn & application fee will not be refunded. If you need to re-apply, it will be a new application with the applicable fees at that point on time.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Further, in 2006 i changed the work permit to another employer ( my current employer). During this perioed in 2008 I chaned to Tier 1.

the second job was while on 1st work permit.

2005- 2006 1st WP & second job earning about £3000 for about 4 month.
2006- 2008 2nd WP (Current Employer)
2008 changed to Tier 1. ( Current employer)

Appricite you feedback.
I would take a chance with this... It was only for three months and almost 5 years ago... I would stay put... it's a risk but a calculated risk...

If a query comes up you can take the view you were not aware of the rule [as you were new to the country] and you gave up the job as soon as you found out...

Keep us posted...