ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on Previous earnings proofs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jithan
Newly Registered

Clarification on Previous earnings proofs

Post by jithan » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:25 am

Hi,

I have a query regarding Previous earnings proofs i have. In last 12 months i have changed 2 employers. I have the print out of salary slips for every month and full & final settlement slips (At present all IT companies are giving the soft copy only).

For the purpose of Tier-1 HSMP Visa application, I have requested my previous employers to provide me the salary slips attested by the appropriate authority, but one of the employer said they will give it only for current employees not for former employees. i have tried my level best, but could not able to get the attestation. Also I believe I may get problem if I ask my current employer for the attested salary slip (this will create mistrust as they suspect I may leave any time)

Hence I thought of submitting the form-16 provided by my present and previous employers, which will solve all my problem. However there is a slight variation in total income (before deducting TDS, PF, etc) mentioned in one of form-16 and total salary credited for that period in my bank account. (Form-16 = Rs.2,47,000.00 ; Bank Account = Rs. 2,36,393.00)

===> The Form-16 is digitally signed --> this is fine or i need to get attestation for this also?

Seniors please advice, what to do. Requesting your advice at the earliest as i have decided to submit my application by Jun-14th.

Also can we get proper clarification from VFS (chennai) for my above query ?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Clarification on Previous earnings proofs

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:43 am

jithan wrote:Hi,

I have a query regarding Previous earnings proofs i have. In last 12 months i have changed 2 employers. I have the print out of salary slips for every month and full & final settlement slips (At present all IT companies are giving the soft copy only).

For the purpose of Tier-1 HSMP Visa application, I have requested my previous employers to provide me the salary slips attested by the appropriate authority, but one of the employer said they will give it only for current employees not for former employees. i have tried my level best, but could not able to get the attestation. Also I believe I may get problem if I ask my current employer for the attested salary slip (this will create mistrust as they suspect I may leave any time)

Hence I thought of submitting the form-16 provided by my present and previous employers, which will solve all my problem. However there is a slight variation in total income (before deducting TDS, PF, etc) mentioned in one of form-16 and total salary credited for that period in my bank account. (Form-16 = Rs.2,47,000.00 ; Bank Account = Rs. 2,36,393.00)

===> The Form-16 is digitally signed --> this is fine or i need to get attestation for this also?

Seniors please advice, what to do. Requesting your advice at the earliest as i have decided to submit my application by Jun-14th.

Also can we get proper clarification from VFS (chennai) for my above query ?
do the form-16 period match exactly with your claim period? the mismatch of the figures in your bank account and form-16s will be a problem. Try and get a letter from your employers if possible stating your gross and net salary.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:48 am

Form 16 might list your total net pay isn't it? You might lose some points because of this in the earning section. From my old guidance copy I have the following. I would advise you to go through the new guidance for more information.

Official tax document produced by

iv) the tax authority or employer, showing earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year

a document produced by an employer as • an official return to a tax authority, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid in a tax year (for example a P60 in the United Kingdom)

Please note that because tax documents are usually produced at the end of a fixed tax period they will not necessarily show the entire period for which the applicant is claiming previous earnings unless they are for the exact period claimed. An applicant should therefore be cautious about using these documents unless he/she is sure they show the exact amount of earnings for which he/she is claiming points.
I hope your earning period coincides exactly with the tax period

Shepherd

jithan
Newly Registered

Post by jithan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:16 am

If I'm going to use form-16 as proof of my past yearnings, then I can show the yearning period as Apr-2009 to Mar-2010 (planning to apply in this month itself).

FYI, Form-16 shows the gross salary not the net salary. hence no problem in points, only problem is variation in the amount mentioned in form-16 and salary credited in bank account.

As there is no other option, Let me give one more try with previous employer for attested salary slip an full&final settlement slip.

jithan
Newly Registered

Post by jithan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:16 am

If I'm going to use form-16 as proof of my past yearnings, then I can show the yearning period as Apr-2009 to Mar-2010 (planning to apply in this month itself).

FYI, Form-16 shows the gross salary not the net salary. hence no problem in points, only problem is variation in the amount mentioned in form-16 and salary credited in bank account.

As there is no other option, Let me give one more try with previous employer for attested salary slip an full&final settlement slip.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:26 am

If possible, In addition to the salary slips, send me a scanned copy of your form 16 to me... I will let you know where the deviation is.