ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few questions.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sleepyeyes
Newly Registered

Few questions.

Post by sleepyeyes » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi all helpful people, Pls help on this basic questions.
I want to apply on Tier 1 genaral with my wife and baby as dependants. And we plan to move together.

1. Should we apply all together when I apply for the initial approval or dependant visas are granted at the EC ?
2. Validity for visa is from the date of approval or the date of arrival in UK? Because we need to extend after 2 years and if we delay the arrival then we have apply for a 2nd extention if few days are short of 5 years?

Thanks a lot
Jason

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:37 pm

If you have the necessary funds for yourself + two dependents, applying together is a wise decision as it will save a lot of money on the application cost.

Validity of visa is mostly from the date of approval (or the date on which the visa was pasted in your passport). In the past, there have been cases where ppl have managed to request for a future date and has been granted.