ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after ILR i am confused

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sawankumar
Newly Registered

after ILR i am confused

Post by sawankumar » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi to all,
recently i have got ILR for me,my wife and one daughter.We all three have got indian passports.My younger daughter was born here before we got ILR.She hasnt got any passport,my questions:
1))) IS SHE ELIGIBLE FOR BRITISH PASSPORT?if yes then how to proceed?
2)))My elder daughter's indian passport expires in nov2010 which passport should i apply for her?
I would be grateful to anyone who helps with these questions.
thanks

krimith

Re: after ILR i am confused

Post by krimith » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:32 pm

sawankumar wrote:Hi to all,
recently i have got ILR for me,my wife and one daughter.We all three have got indian passports.My younger daughter was born here before we got ILR.She hasnt got any passport,my questions:
2)))My elder daughter's indian passport expires in nov2010 which passport should i apply for her?
thanks
You can apply for both of them now you have to use MN1 form for one daughter and second form for other daughter,bec your younger daughter born before parents get ilr thats why
one more thing your elder daughter got indian passport her passport have ilr stamp

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Wait a minute, where was the elder daughter born?
John

krimith

Post by krimith » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:26 pm

John wrote:Wait a minute, where was the elder daughter born?
obiviously in india bec she got indian passport and he write down her passport wil expire in nov2010

sawankumar
Newly Registered

Post by sawankumar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:34 am

krimith wrote:
thanks
You can apply for both of them now you have to use MN1 form for one daughter and second form for other daughter,bec your younger daughter born before parents get ilr thats why
one more thing your elder daughter got indian passport her passport have ilr stamp

yes my daughter has got ILR stamped

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:22 pm

sawankumar wrote:
krimith wrote:
thanks

Then is fine above i mentioned everything,so you can apply and use MN1 form

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:42 pm

krimith wrote:
sawankumar wrote:
krimith wrote:
thanks

You cannot use MN1 to register as British for children born outside UK before one of the parents got settled in UK. You can use only this form to register only your daughter who was born here. For the Second daughter (Assuming that she was born in India as getting Indian passport does not mean that the child was born in India) she can only apply with you for BC.

sawankumar
Newly Registered

Post by sawankumar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 pm

HSMP2008_JANUARY wrote:
krimith wrote:
sawankumar wrote:
krimith wrote: You can apply for both of them now you have to use MN1 form for one daughter and second form for other daughter,bec your younger daughter born before parents get ilr thats why

You cannot use MN1 to register as British for children born outside UK before one of the parents got settled in UK. You can use only this form to register only your daughter who was born here. For the Second daughter (Assuming that she was born in India as getting Indian passport does not mean that the child was born in India) she can only apply with you for BC.

in that case if i am getting indian passport renewed for my elder daughter how will the ILR stamp be transferred to the new passport?

Mptp76
Newly Registered

Post by Mptp76 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:40 pm

sawankumar wrote:in that case if i am getting indian passport renewed for my elder daughter how will the ILR stamp be transferred to the new passport?
You don't have to transfer it, just make sure you get back the cancelled passport and carry both passports when you travel.

krimith

Post by krimith » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:07 pm

sawankumar wrote:
HSMP2008_JANUARY wrote:
krimith wrote:
sawankumar wrote:

in that case if i am getting indian passport renewed for my elder daughter how will the ILR stamp be transferred to the new passport?
sawankumar this is link you can check carefully bec some case they approve with discrention and length of child residence

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ns/nivol1/

sawankumar
Newly Registered

MN1 form eligibility for my daughter

Post by sawankumar » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi,
Can we register just my daughter thru MN1 form without we applying for it,she was born in india and she has got indefinite leave stamped on her indian passport.
I looked thru the mn1 guide,it says it can be done only if its a family application.If yes then under what section it could be?
Please anyone can share their experiences or knowledge.
many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 form eligibility for my daughter

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:38 pm

sawankumar wrote:Can we register just my daughter thru MN1 form without we applying for it,she was born in india and she has got indefinite leave stamped on her indian passport.
No (9.17.9).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sawankumar
Newly Registered

travel to india after applying for BC

Post by sawankumar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi,
If urgently needed can we travel to india on our indian passports even though we have applied for BC?
If yes then for how long?for about 3 weeks?
many thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:59 pm

sawankumar wrote:If urgently needed can we travel to india on our indian passports even though we have applied for BC?
You are an Indian citizen until the moment you naturalise, and may use your (valid) Indian passport to travel as usual until then.

Using an Indian passport to travel after acquiring foreign citizenship attracts penalty (per trip).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sawankumar
Newly Registered

many thanks

Post by sawankumar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:57 pm

many thanks

sawankumar
Newly Registered

Job seekers allowance and BC

Post by sawankumar » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:01 pm

my wife is actively looking for job and if we claim job seekers allowance,will that be negative when we apply for British citizenship together?
many thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:15 am

No effect whatsoever. You have ILR and are therefore entitled to claim any benefit that your circumstances dictate you are entitled to.
John

sawankumar
Newly Registered

life in uk test for BC again?

Post by sawankumar » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi,
me and my wife got ILR and we cleared the life in uk test then.
Do we need to do it again when applying for BC or the old one should be valid.
cheers

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: life in uk test for BC again?

Post by rnr79 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:35 pm

sawankumar wrote:Hi,
me and my wife got ILR and we cleared the life in uk test then.
Do we need to do it again when applying for BC or the old one should be valid.
cheers
the old one is still valid...i guess you still have those certificates as that will be needed

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:31 pm

i guess you still have those certificates as that will be needed
No you don't. On the form AN there is a question asking whether you passed the test in order to get ILR, and if that is the case, then you merely answer that question "yes"!

UKBA no doubt can check their records to see if that "yes" is indeed correct.
John