ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Savings be used as Income?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rashidkhan

Can Savings be used as Income?

Post by rashidkhan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question:

Can savings like Cash ISA be used as income along with salary slips?
Please if anyone can guide me on this i will really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rashid

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Can Savings be used as Income?

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:39 pm

No.
rashidkhan wrote:Hi everyone,

I have a question:

Can savings like Cash ISA be used as income along with salary slips?
Please if anyone can guide me on this i will really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rashid

rashidkhan

Saving & Income

Post by rashidkhan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Can savings not be shown as income to "bump up" the earnings to get more points, for example from £30,000 to £35,000 with £30,000 being the salary and £5000 being Cash ISA savings?

I will appreciate if anyone can explain to me a bit more? for example what exactly comprises as "income" and what does not and why not etc.

Kind regards,
Rashid

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Saving & Income

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:37 pm

rashidkhan wrote:Can savings not be shown as income to "bump up" the earnings to get more points, for example from £30,000 to £35,000 with £30,000 being the salary and £5000 being Cash ISA savings?

I will appreciate if anyone can explain to me a bit more? for example what exactly comprises as "income" and what does not and why not etc.

Kind regards,
Rashid
No you cannot use ISA etc to'Bump UP' your income. Read the policy guidance and you will get clear idea of what can be treated as income.

123. Earnings may include, among other things:
• salaries (includes full-time, part-time, and bonuses);
• earnings from self-employment;
• earnings from business activities;
• statutory maternity pay and contractual maternity pay;
• allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;
• dividends paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or where the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• income from property rental, where this forms part of the applicant’s business; and
• payment in lieu of notice (a payment made instead of requiring an employee to work the normal period of notice when leaving a job).

124. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:
• expenses (such as schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
• dividends, unless paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• income from property rental, unless this forms part of the applicant’s business;
• interest on savings and investments;
• funds that were inherited;
• money paid to the applicant as a pension;
• expenses where the payment reimburses the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
• redundancy payment;
• sponsorship for periods of study;
• state benefits; or
• prize money or competition winnings, other than where they are directly related to the applicant’s main profession or occupation.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

rashidkhan

Thanks

Post by rashidkhan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Thank you, that does provide quite a lot of useful information.
Thanks again.
Rashid