ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

submit passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taz786

submit passport

Post by taz786 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:09 pm

hi guys

have a ?, would any one know how long the BHC take into issuing a visa after a appeal was allowed in the uk. my sis in law has already had the call letter in where she has submitted her passport at BHC islamabad.
submitted her passport on 24th may2010.

thanks guys.

taz786

Post by taz786 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:02 pm

hi guys i wanted too says its cuming up to 5 weeks since my sis-in-law submitted her passport any chance that someone got email ad that i could email them to ask them whats taking long many thanks

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi Taz,

I am in a similar situation. I submitted my passport after allowed appeal about 3 weeks ago. You need to call up Gerry's and have them check whether the passport is with them or not. Have your sis in law call them on their helpline. They normally ask for the passport number and give you a status update. Unfortunately, you cannot check the status of allowed appeal submissions online as you aren't given a normal application tracking number.

I am assuming that since 5 weeks have passed, the passport should be ready for collection so better give them a call. All the best.

Regards,
Mesam.

taz786

Post by taz786 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 pm

hi mesam

thanks for that but we called but cant get threw. she submitted her passport at the BHC in islamabad. any way we can in touch with the BHc apart from phoning them they never ansa phone calls. emails? or any other number? ive tried and im not gna give u til i succeed.

many thanks

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi Taz,

Are you sure your sis submitted the passport at the BHC? Normally, you submit it at Gerry's. Ask your sis to call at the following numbers:

For PTCL land lines: 090010411
From UK: 00 92 51 2098999
All mobile providers dial short code: 8865

Use the first number if she is calling from a PTCL landline. Use the 3rd number if calling from a mobile phone. if you want to call from UK, use the 2nd number. it takes time to get through to the operator but once you do get through, they tend to be helpful.

Secondly, the email for the Islamabad VAC is isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk .
However, do keep on trying the gerry's number as i am pretty sure your passport must have been stamped by now. Whatever happens, don't give up and keep trying. It took me 2 years and a ridiculous amount in legal fees to finally get a decision in my favor but it was worth it all.

Regards,
Mesam.

taz786

Post by taz786 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:57 pm

hi mesam6

thanks alot for the info, but i am curious to no that if i ring what kind of questions will they ask me if i ring from the uk?

also isit ok for me ring on behalf of my bro but act as him?

many thanks

taz

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:39 am

Hi,

I don't think the call center operators get your number as the calls get routed to them through the call center exchange so they can't really figure out if your are calling from the UK or not. In any case, they have a standardized set of questions they ask. Just remember to have the following info with you when you call:

1- Passport number of your sis.
2- Date of passport submission.

It is ok if you call on behalf of your bro. they really don't mind as long as your have all the necessary info as they are just telling you the passport status.

Regards,
Mesam.

taz786

Post by taz786 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:45 pm

hi Mesam

i rang the number from the uk and the women kept saying this number is disconnected can u advise wat to do next?

many thanks

Taz

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:01 pm

That is a bummer as i copied the phone number from the UK Visas website.

Ask your sis to call from a local number or from her mobile. That should be successful.

Furthermore, try again from the UK number after some time as the number may be down temporarily.

Regards,
Mesam.

taz786

Post by taz786 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:53 pm

hi mesam

sori to be a pain in the backside, i wanted to know that the email u supplied me with will it work if i copy n paste it in msn hotmail cuz i click on the link and its not opening microsoft outlook?
and aprt from that one email any other emails that i could ryt to?

many thanks

Taz

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:01 am

Hi Taz,

No problem at all. The e-mail will work in hotmail as far as I know. I will have to look up alternate e-mails but I think contacting Gerry's is the best shot as thee passport will be routed through them.

On a related note, I checked up the status of my passport again yesterday using the helpline. I suggest your sis call up the 8865 number from a mobile. Then dial 1 for the English menu, then 5 for application status and lastly 1 to connect to an call center agent. Then wait for 3-6 minutes after which time, someone usually picks up the phone.

Regards,
Haider.

taz786

Post by taz786 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:38 am

hi mesam

i emailed them yesterday and was wondering how long they will reply back in. emailed 30/6/10

many thanks

taz

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:44 am

No problem buddy.

The website mentioned that they normally reply after one day but give them two to three days before inquiring again.

Regards,
Mesam.

taz786

Post by taz786 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:03 am

ayt safe man

taz786

Post by taz786 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:54 am

hi guys

i got a update, i emailed them yesterday afternoon and i got this reply after my sis in law was told to submit her passport for her visa to be stamped after sucessful appeal.

From: UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2010 8:53 AM
To: *********.co.uk
Subject: RE: settlement case

Dear Mr *******,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are processed in the UK but applicant’s passports does not leave Pakistan. They are held in the British High Commission in Islamabad until a decision has been reached and then your passport is returned to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) where you submitted your application. The VAC will then contact you when your passport is ready to collect.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

xxx

taz786

Post by taz786 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:08 pm

hi guys i recieved a letter from my MP which he sent to the UK border agency any news on how long they will reply back in?

many thanks

taz

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Aslam alaycum all

Tabz, i would say that your MP will be getting a swift reply, maybe a week, however i am suprised he/she did not just phone HO. My cousin manages caseload for local MP and says he deals with this sort of thing all time by contacting HO direct.

My wife has recieved call letter today alhamdolilah, she has been told she has to submit a copy of sponser passport? were you lot asked same?

she has also been told to give date of intended travel and length of stay. What date should she be putting for length of stay? and where should she note this as there was no form attached.

i look forward to reply from anyone that can answer above. Jazak Allah Khair

mrsahmed

help!

Post by mrsahmed » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:49 pm

thought i would jump in with a question...my inlaws visit visas were allowed spoke to h/o they said they will send details to abu dhabi on friday by diplomatic post which takes about 4 weeks, do you think we will have to wait till then for a call letter or can we submit anything before that? just a big old waiting game, annoying!!