ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Questions on Appointment, Dependent, KOL

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xyz123

ILR - Questions on Appointment, Dependent, KOL

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi guys

I came to UK on a student visa in Sept 2003 and got a work permit in nov 2005. In april 2009 i converted from WP to Tier 1. I am eligible to apply for ILR in oct 2010 (9 nov 10-28 days). i will be applying with my wife, who has also been in this country since 2006. I have been out of UK for abt 220 days, majority on business trips, when i was paid in UK. no unpaid leaves or no single stay more than 90 days. My employer will hopefully give me a letter confirming these, so hopefully i wont have any problems.

just few of questions if you can help?

1) how long ago should i start looking for appointment. i have noticed a lot fo people seem to have problems getting one, especially family one. i am happy to be persistent but would be good to get an idea with regards to when to start looking.

2) do i need to take my dependent with me at the appointment? i have seen conflicting forum posts both here and other boards. so would appreciate if someone can help confirm.

3) i understand that both me and my wife need to pass KOL. is this correct?

4) Finally can someone recommend some books for KOL. Official website shows number of different books but i am not sure which one to buy? i.e. handbook or just Q&As or another one.

Thanks a lot for reading this post

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:53 am

can anyone please help me?

senthil78
Member of Standing

Re: ILR - Questions on Appointment, Dependent, KOL

Post by senthil78 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:24 pm

xyz123 wrote:Hi guys

2) do i need to take my dependent with me at the appointment? i have seen conflicting forum posts both here and other boards. so would appreciate if someone can help confirm.

3) i understand that both me and my wife need to pass KOL. is this correct?

Thanks a lot for reading this post
2). Not Necessary
3). Yes

dimsav

Re: ILR - Questions on Appointment, Dependent, KOL

Post by dimsav » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:09 pm

4). For free online KOL practice questions, have a look at this site.