ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name on payslip and bank statement different -- Any issue??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Name on payslip and bank statement different -- Any issue??

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:20 am

Hi,

My name in the Payslips includes my fathers name, whereas the name on my bank statement only has my first name.

Do you think this could cause a problem ?

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Not sure but don't take chance mate. Spend another week to get the document with right name. Remeber UKBA rejects visa very easily. And as far as I am concered, difference in name arises different questions.

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:04 am

Thanks for the advice.

If I clarify my question, since I think I kinda left it incomplete:

Name on Payslip : Vijay Ramkrishna Kumar
Name on Bank Statement: Vijay Kumar

Also, I will point this out in the cover letter. Also, this is the same bank statement I am using for my proof of earnings and maintenance fund statement (verified against my payslip, which has my full name).

Would this change your response?

Thanks

Rahul

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 am

Ok will tell you my case,

My company offer letter, payslips etc have my full name with initial expanded.

For eg., Paul John Smith.

Where John is the first name and Smith is the middle name, Paul is the sir name.

Whereas my bank statement, mark sheets have only my full name with initial not expanded,

For eg., P. John Smith.

and I didn't make any mention in the covering letter etc, just submitted like that and it worked for me.

But, I have read from the archives here, people have actually gone to a notary public / gazetted officer and got a letter stating, that both the names belong to you.

Now since you don't have the initial R on your bank statement, I would suggest you get a letter authorised by notary public, or even a letter from your company HR stating that both the names are yours.

Submit that along with your application and make a mention of this clearly in your covering letter.

Best luck,
LC

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks LearningCurve.

I will get an affidavit to be on the safer side. :)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Name on payslip and bank statement different -- Any issu

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:42 am

That is fine. You will anyway mention your details in the form. I don't see this as reason for rejection.
keepsmilinyaar wrote:Hi,

My name in the Payslips includes my fathers name, whereas the name on my bank statement only has my first name.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

keepsmilinyaar
United Kingdom

Post by keepsmilinyaar » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:48 am

[quote="chetanojha"]That is fine. You will anyway mention your details in the form. I don't see this as reason for rejection.
[quote="keepsmilinyaar"]Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Rahul[/quote][/quote]

Hi chetanojha,

I enquired through a few ppl, and from what I learnt, these cases of rejection and occassional acceptance have a lot to with the VFS centre at which one applies.
Like in the west, its very common to attach one's father name in govt instiutions , so they are okay without an affidavit.

In other places, they might require additional confirmation.
Also today, I returned from the VFS centre because they advised me to get it changed, since my middle name does sound South Indian, but everything else related to my document, is north related.

Not sure if anybody would buy my reasoning, but its always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for your advice chetanoja.

Regards
R

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:53 am

You are right that one should be safe than sorry especially if large sum of money is at stack. I you will feel a need to provide affidavit than by all means you should provide it. Atleast it will help you to sleep well after your application. :-)
keepsmilinyaar wrote:
chetanojha wrote:That is fine. You will anyway mention your details in the form. I don't see this as reason for rejection.
keepsmilinyaar wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

Hi chetanojha,

I enquired through a few ppl, and from what I learnt, these cases of rejection and occassional acceptance have a lot to with the VFS centre at which one applies.
Like in the west, its very common to attach one's father name in govt instiutions , so they are okay without an affidavit.

In other places, they might require additional confirmation.
Also today, I returned from the VFS centre because they advised me to get it changed, since my middle name does sound South Indian, but everything else related to my document, is north related.

Not sure if anybody would buy my reasoning, but its always better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks for your advice chetanoja.

Regards
R