ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 14 years waiting time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nazz

Post by Nazz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:45 pm

Dear All

I did apply to HO for ILR, long residence comcession 14years on Jan 2005 and yet no answere, is it normal waiting time?

Ive been here in Uk for 15 years by 17/11/2005

Is true that normal waiting period for long residence applications 14 years is 2 years plus?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:04 pm

Can you give us more details? You have been in the country for the last 15 years. In which visa category have you been in the UK.

Nazz

Post by Nazz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:10 pm

Hi again

i did stay here as asylum seeker for 10 years, came with a visit vias at first.

I do have legal representation , and they said that my application is fine for 14 years, but the million dollar question is when i will get it, do i have to wait 2 years plus that is my question.

I read that some did wait that long

Nazz

Question to zimbo ILR 14 years

Post by Nazz » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:32 pm

how long it takes for processing ILR application for 14 years? i heard some have waited for 2 years plus.

Would involving an MP, harm the outcome of the application?

Its been 10 moths now and no news, i do have largal representation, they do contact the HO every month, but the HO response is as usual , the application is awaiting further considerartion.

Please i di need some help on this issue, thanks

boss39
Newly Registered

14 years long residency waiting time

Post by boss39 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm

Hello,

I am in the same position as you.

It's been 16 months and still no decision from the Home Office yet.

The problem also is I cannot work.

I been told by a solicitor that the waiting period for this type of application is about 1 year but other people says 2 years plus.

I wish someone could shared some information on this topic who has apply under the 14 years residency and already got thier ILR.

eso
Newly Registered

Post by eso » Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:24 pm

well ,you might find that very few people on this site would give out any infos on the matter ,i have asked questions about a related subject but all i got is somewhat a sense of arrogance in their reply ,things like calling you MATE,and a patronising attitude is all you would get.
anyway ,a friend of mine has applied under the same rule ,
first he applied earlier than 14 years ,may i add
he got his ilr after 10 months ,in fact he received his ilr after 14 years and 1 month ,so technically 1 month after being intitled
he did involve his MP ( he was from fulham london)
on the subject of legal representation .i would like to comment that 14 out of 16 solicitors i have spoken seemed to be rogue at best .in my quest for a "real immigration solicitor" all of them required £200 before answering any question at all ,human misery traders in my books!!!
one of the "solicitors" i have been exposed to on a case involving my brother ripped us off of £1500 ,ironically he was one of the first people listed in the oisc ,go figure
legal representation ..... just my 2 cents worth
would you be kind enough to list what has the HO requested as paperwork
regards
eso

boss39
Newly Registered

14 Years long residency

Post by boss39 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:16 pm

Hello Eso

Thanks for sharing this information.

So you friend obtain ILR before 14 years and it took only 10 months.

In terms of documentations, I have sent the Home Office, previous P60, P45, Utility Bills, Tax contribution records for the past 8 years, qualifications while studying in UK, marriage certificate, mortgage statements.

I think I might approach my MP as well.

Since I apply to the home office, I have not been working and that's about 16 months now.

I hope the above information will be useful to you.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:45 pm

I have deleted our internal discussions and reposted it back - with lawyer details removed
Where there is a will there is a way.