ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa - online application question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lizziet

Fiance visa - online application question

Post by lizziet » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi again!
My fiance will be going back to Chile to apply and they only accept online applications there. I am quite worried as I was planning that we would complete the application together - his English isn't brilliant and he could easily miss something out etc. The website says he also has to make an appointment and pay online at the time of applying.
Has anyone got any ideas as to how to ensure the form gets filled in properly?! For example, could we fill in the form from the UK the night before he goes or would that not be correct? And does he have to pay using a Chilean credit card (he doesn't have one as he's been here for years)? It just says you have to pay in US Dollars by credit card...
Thanks so much.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

response

Post by frankieblues » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Hi, I'm chilean and just applied for a fiancee visa.

Any visa or master card is acceptable, it doesn't have to be a chilean one. they don't check on this, they just want you to pay !!!!! and I think they charge you in US dollars.

I think is possible for you to do the application, then give him the details to get into the web site so he can print the application and the booking sheet. In the embassy they will ask him for these things before coming into the interview room (they did it with me).

About the language, it would be better for him to learn a bit more english, they can interview him either in english or spanish, but the new law is getting a bit hard on this matter. They spect partners to be able to fit properly in British society.

hope everything goes well !
Best of luck x