ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying PSW before public graduation ceremony

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahul12345

Applying PSW before public graduation ceremony

Post by rahul12345 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 am

Hi,

I got student visa till end of July, graduation ceremony is in third week of July. My understanding is that ideally I should apply after getting the original degree during my public graduation ceremony, but fearing that PSW make undergo changes (reduced to 1 year), I am thinking to apply right away for PSW based on a letter by the university. My questions are as follows.

a. While applying in person or by post for PSW if the visa is refused on grounds that the original degree certificate is not attached, then is there a possibility that the HO will make the original student visa (valid till end of July) invalid?

b. I asked my university for a letter confirming that I will be awarded degree in July. They say they understand the PSW format letter but will give it to me only after the public graduation ceremony. They also told me that they can give me confirmation letter that I passed all exams but it will not be sufficient for PSW visa. University is well aware of PSW letter format and say that the one they will issue me before graduation ceremony will not be sufficient for the PSW. However I read in the posts here that result confirmation letter is sufficient. Also UKBA website mentions that original letter from university containing following information will be sufficient.

1. your name;
2. the title of the qualification;
3. the start and end dates of your period(s) of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution; and
the date of award (no more than 12 months before the date of your application).

If you are unable to provide a certificate of award (for example, when the application is made before your graduation), this letter must also include:
4. details of the body awarding the qualification; and
5. confirmation that the certificate of the award will be issued.

Thanks.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: Applying PSW before public graduation ceremony

Post by potterbond007 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:53 am

rahul12345 wrote:Hi,

a. While applying in person or by post for PSW if the visa is refused on grounds that the original degree certificate is not attached, then is there a possibility that the HO will make the original student visa (valid till end of July) invalid?
The HO cant do that.
rahul12345 wrote:b. I asked my university for a letter confirming that I will be awarded degree in July. They say they understand the PSW format letter but will give it to me only after the public graduation ceremony. They also told me that they can give me confirmation letter that I passed all exams but it will not be sufficient for PSW visa. University is well aware of PSW letter format and say that the one they will issue me before graduation ceremony will not be sufficient for the PSW. However I read in the posts here that result confirmation letter is sufficient. Also UKBA website mentions that original letter from university containing following information will be sufficient.

1. your name;
3. the start and end dates of your period(s) of study and/or research for this qualification at the United Kingdom institution; and

If you are unable to provide a certificate of award (for example, when the application is made before your graduation), this letter must also include:

Thanks.
An original degree certificate would not be necessary if you can send the letter with the details that you have pointed out here..

ash786
BANNED

Re: Applying PSW before public graduation ceremony

Post by ash786 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:38 pm

rahul12345 wrote:Hi,

I got student visa till end of July, graduation ceremony is in third week of July. My understanding is that ideally I should apply after getting the original degree during my public graduation ceremony, but fearing that PSW make undergo changes (reduced to 1 year), I am thinking to apply right away for PSW based on a letter by the university. My questions are as follows.

b. I asked my university for a letter confirming that I will be awarded degree in July. They say they understand the PSW format letter but will give it to me only after the public graduation ceremony. They also told me that they can give me confirmation letter that I passed all exams but it will not be sufficient for PSW visa. University is well aware of PSW letter format and say that the one they will issue me before graduation ceremony will not be sufficient for the PSW. However I read in the posts here that result confirmation letter is sufficient. Also UKBA website mentions that original letter from university containing following information will be sufficient.

1. your name;

Thanks.
1. U do not have to have the original degree for PSW.
2. If you get the letter from the uni containing all the required information as required then u shud be fine.

rahul12345

Post by rahul12345 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks for the reply.