ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First JOB!!!HELP!!!

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Peter Kartalov
Newly Registered

First JOB!!!HELP!!!

Post by Peter Kartalov » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:02 pm

I have recently received my family member entry clearance for the UK and now am trying to get as much info as possible before landing in London. My wife and I are both freshly gradauated from college in New York, but besides a couple of internships, we do not have any other relevant job experience.
I was just wondering if anyone else has been in our possition before and could advise us best ways of getting our first job.
Names of useful websites, or good and RELIABLE job agencies?
ANy help is deeply appreciated.
Thanx all
Peter

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:20 pm

Congratulations on getting your EEA Family Permit. Looking at your previous posts I see your wife is Lithuanian and therefore she will need to register under the Worker's Registration Scheme when she finds work in the UK.

As regards work Peter, you don't give any clue as to the type of work that you and your wife might be seeking. Can you post that please.

What are you intending to do about accommodation when you first arrive?
John

Peter Kartalov
Newly Registered

Already in London-NOW NEED JOB!!

Post by Peter Kartalov » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:23 am

Thanks for the response John. We've arrived in London and will be moving into a studio on Thursday. My wife and I are both with Bachelor's degrees from the CUNY New York-hers is Marketing and mine is computer informaton systems. We are definitely looking for jobs within our specialization. It will be our first full time jobs in the respective fields, so we need to find out which are the reputable employment agencies, besides the well known websites like Monster. Are there any offices that we could visit, talk to agents and leave our CV's?
I thank you very much for all the help so far and hope to hear from you soon.
Regards Peter