ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child beneft rejection ?? !!

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DEAL99
Newly Registered

child beneft rejection ?? !!

Post by DEAL99 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Me & my wife we received ILR stamp on 27 Feb 2010. We have also received a supporting letter from HO on the same day stating below -
"Your application has been considered under HSMP ILR Judicial Review: Policy Document.
Under the term of this policy you are deemed as having been given ILR on 17 January 2010. You are therefore considered to have been free from immigration restrictions from above specified date."

Now, we applied for child benefit for our only child on 10/05/2010. As per our best knowledge the form didn't ask for any particular date from which we would be wishing to start the claim. The only date which was asked was in question 19 which states - "If you have been subject to immigration control in the last three months, tell us the date your immigration status was granted DD/MM/YYYY" - we answered this question with the date as 27/02/2010 (just to be safe)

Still we have received a rejection letter on 10/06/2010 stating - "You can not get the child benefit for XXXX before 01/03/2010."

Their support line is hard to get hold of.

1. Not able to understand the reasons behind this? can experts throw some light please.
2. What would be the steps & procedures to fight against this ? as it looks like wrong.
3. Does this ring a bell of trouble for our citizenship application ??

lemafrique
Newly Registered

Post by lemafrique » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:53 pm

hi

Dont panic - what that means is that they will be awarding you child benefit from the 2nd of March (it will be back dated from the 2nd of March). I wouldn't be surprised if child benefit is already been paid in your account. I got a similar letter and panicked and rang them immediately and they reassured me and asked me to check my bank account.

good luck