ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

essential expenditire&3rd party support

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DANUBE

essential expenditire&3rd party support

Post by DANUBE » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi All

I have been reading through many posts in relation to third party support and preparing income and expenditure

I am aware now that 3rd party support in relation to housing is now acceptable but also still seems to be a reason for refusal in some cases. My mum is happy to confirm that my husband to be and i to be can live in the house rent free but can i ask for personal opinions on this - members of this forum, do you think it's better to at least say you are contributing a little as opposed to nothing at all ?

Question 2
I'm aware i have to include essential spend into my income and expenditure e.g loan payments, mobile phone bills e.t.c but what about petrol costs - is this classed as essential expenditure or can i leave this out of the equation ?

Many Thanks

Danube

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Sorry All

Just read a topic from Jan 2010 relating to third party support and can see now that even though it is allowed - applicants still get refused for this reason and end up appealing anyway - therefore it is safer for us to say we are contributing towards the bills.

If someone could still help me out with my other previous question though ? Do I have to include petrol costs in my income and expenditure in relation to 'essential costs' ?

Many Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:33 pm

It is classed as essential expenses if you travel to work.

With cost of petrol being so high nowadays,it can cost up to £150 -200 per month in petrol alone.

This is now probally second or third most expense after mortgage,food etc.

So yes you will have to include this in your expenses sheet.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:01 pm

3rd party support in the way of accomodation is allowed.

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:05 pm

batleykhan and casa - thank you for the confirmation.

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:33 pm

bhatleykhan & casa

Forgot to ask something..........although 3rd party support is allowed in relation to family accomodation - my understanding is that is not allowed in relation to third party financial assistance. Can I have your advice on the following scenario ?

My friend drives me to work as she passes by my house every day - i pay her £40 per month in petrol costs - would the fact that she drives me to work be classed as 3rd party FINANCIAL support and therefore cause me a problem, perhaps it's actually better to just say i drive myself to work ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:35 pm

My friend drives me to work as she passes by my house every day - i pay her £40 per month in petrol costs - would the fact that she drives me to work be classed as 3rd party FINANCIAL support and therefore cause me a problem, perhaps it's actually better to just say i drive myself to work ?
I think this is hardly something one would worry about.

3rd party financial support is one helps you financially when you are penniless not above.....so dont worry to much about it :wink:

DANUBE

Spouse visa - wifes sponsorship letter

Post by DANUBE » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi Forum members

I am travelling to Alabania next weekend to get married and apply for the spouse visa - for my husband to be ! I would like to include a sponsorship letter (as most people do ) but I am struggling to find a sample letter anywhere. I know it's not a requirement for the spouse visa but would still like to include one - is anyone able to help ?

Also, with the evidence folder i was thinking of including photocopies of all the translation books we have purchased over the course of our relationship to proove my partners willingness to learn the language - however, i am concerned that this may suggest my partners english language is not very good and therefore cast doubt with the eco ???

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Danube

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Pm me and I will send you a sample sponsorship letter for spouse applications.

The English test has not come in force yet,so dont worry about that.

You need to prove the essential requirements of spouse visa . These are that you intend to live together, you can support, maintain and accomodate each other without recourse to public funds.

That is what the ECO is intersted in, not how much money you have spent buying books to prove your hubby can speak English :wink:

DANUBE

BANK BALANCE QUERY

Post by DANUBE » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:53 am

Hi All

Perhaps I am just worrying too much but I would like to see if anyone has an opinion on the following

Basically I drew a small lump sum out of my bank account (spending money for albania) which left my balance quite low, anyway, I am now going to Albania later than expected so i want to put the money back in my account for safe keeping, however, i am worried that the eco will see this small lump sum going back which may lead him/her to believe i am purposley trying to make my account look better than it is. I have confirmation from ba confirming my flight date has been changed so perhaps if i include this with my bank statements and a letter explaining that my departure is now later hence the reason for the money going back in, maybe this will be ok ?

Sorry - i know it's a strange one but i don't want to leave anything open for the eco to use against me as the sponsor

Many Thanks

Danube

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:53 am

DANUBE, if you include the bank statements that showsthe money going out and coming back in, the airline confirmation of changed flight date, and just explain the point in your covering letter, you will be fine I think.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Kitty wrote:DANUBE, if you include the bank statements that showsthe money going out and coming back in, the airline confirmation of changed flight date, and just explain the point in your covering letter, you will be fine I think.
I agree with this.

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Thank you ElenaW & Kitty, this is what i will do.

DANUBE

contrive to frustrate immigration rules

Post by DANUBE » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Dear All

I have some 'last minute' queries before my partner put's his settlement application in September. Hoping you can help please.

i am confused on the 'contrive to frustrate immigration rules'. I understand if we are applying under spouse then the fact that my partner came here illegally should be ok, however, if you 'contrive to frustrate immigration rules' further, then there is a chance of refusal therefore, can i ask if anyone thinks the fact that my partner worked here illegally will result in a high chance of refusal ? He has never had fake id and worked for his cousin cash in hand, therefore he did NOT gain employment by deception. However, he still worked illegally. It's just that i've seen some posts on here whereby visa has been granted on these grounds and some where the visa has been refused. What are the chances ?

Also, sureley the eco's expect that if someone was here illegally then they would naturally work here illegally aswell otherwise how would illegal immigrants survive ! Illegal immigration and illegal work come hand in hand. How do they view this ?

(sorry for the long winded post)

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:07 am

Hi People

Does anyone have any views on my last post - i know you can't give me a yes or no answer as it's not that simple but if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Danube

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

DANUBE

Post by DANUBE » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:06 am

Thank you Vinny - will read.