ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for Naturalization - No acknowledgement

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Application for Naturalization - No acknowledgement

Post by taquilasunrise » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:42 pm

I applied for Irish Naturalization on May 25, 2010. Even after 15 days, i haven't received any acknowledgement yet for the application.

My colleagues who applied in Feb , got acknowledgement within 4 days.

Please share your past experience on this topic ?

Thanks in advance.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Re: Application for Naturalization - No acknowledgement

Post by Aceform » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:06 pm

taquilasunrise wrote:I applied for Irish Naturalization on May 25, 2010. Even after 15 days, i haven't received any acknowledgement yet for the application.

My colleagues who applied in Feb , got acknowledgement within 4 days.

Please share your past experience on this topic ?

Thanks in advance.
It took a week to get ack for me in 2008. Don't worry 15 days is not long, and they may be on summer holidays so you will get it soon.

IQU
Diamond Member

hi

Post by IQU » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

hi its normally take 2-3 weeks .also it was also bank holidays .so give them 3 weeks .also how do you post them.registered or standard post.if its registered you can check your post status in www.post.ie see when they got it .if they got it same day give them 3 weeks.

IQU
Diamond Member

hi

Post by IQU » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:40 pm

hi its normally take 2-3 weeks .also it was also bank holidays .so give them 3 weeks .also how do you post them.registered or standard post.if its registered you can check your post status in www.post.ie see when they got it .if they got it same day give them 3 weeks.

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Thx Aceform and ICQ for ur reply.

I sent the application thru registered post and i can see the name of person also who has received the application on AnPost website. 25 th May is the actual receive date at the Tipperary office.

Let's wait for 1 more week.

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Today morning i got back my citizenship application back through normal post :shock: .

They need few clarifications on following items :

1. Please confirm your mother's full name before marriage.
My Birth certificate has my mother's name (after marriage) but in the attached birth affidavit my mother's full maiden name is specified and it matches with Section 9 of Parents details in Form 8.

2. Please explain the discrepancy in your name between the Form 8 and your Birth Certificate.

My Birth certificate states my First Name and Last Name. It also has my mother's & Father's name (all names are first name & last name). I have Birth affidavit which has my full name included(First name + Father's First Name + Surname). In form 8 the first question is Current Given / First name which i is exactly from my passport (First name + Father's name). Am I doing any mistake here ? Their is no spelling mistake also.

Any suggestions are welcome on how to reply back to the INIS.

I need to write them down down asap.

Thanks in advance.

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:22 pm

These are suggestions:

1st Question: The first one is asking you just to give your mother's name after marriage. I think you should confirm what is given on the affidavit. Otherwise, it dilutes the purpose of your affidavit.

2nd Question:
As I understand:
- Birth certificate : First name + surname
- passport: First Name and father's name
- Affidavit: First name + father's name + Surname

Just explain- in simplistic terms - the reasoning behind it (if you are aware) as to why the names have been mismatched between your documents. And make sure the reasoning is 'reasonable'.
-xxxtieee-

taquilasunrise
Newly Registered

Post by taquilasunrise » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:12 am

Thanks xxxtieee for your reply.

Today morning, i wrote back to them explaining my name discrepancies & the purpose of affidavit. The affidavit was exclusively executed for the short names on the original birth cert.

I also confirmed my mother's full maiden name.

Actually all the full names are clearly mentioned in the affidavit but i think they just need confirmation from my side.

Note : It looks like following lines in the affidavit doesn't hold any weightage

I HEREBY AFFIRM, DECLARE AND SWEAR THAT I BELIEVE THE ABOVE DETAILS TO BE TRUE

Thanks.