ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need word of advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charlie.harper
Newly Registered

Need word of advice

Post by charlie.harper » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:15 am

Hi,

I am currently employed in the UK and on Tier-1 PSW visa. It expires on Jan 2012. My salary at the moment is a between 25-30k and would be increased to 30k only around August 2011.

Thinking into the future, I believe it could pose an issue when I intend to apply for Tier-1 General visa on Jan 2012 (as i would not have salary >30k for past 12 months).

I just need advice on what options I can seek. I know some of the options are seeking a better job or Tier-2 General Visa from my employer. But i would like to know what could be the best option. Should I consult any immigration advisors?

I know i need to plan it now so that i could realise it in the future.

Thanks for your help.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Need word of advice

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:58 pm

charlie.harper wrote:Hi,

I am currently employed in the UK and on Tier-1 PSW visa. It expires on Jan 2012. My salary at the moment is a between 25-30k and would be increased to 30k only around August 2011.

Thinking into the future, I believe it could pose an issue when I intend to apply for Tier-1 General visa on Jan 2012 (as i would not have salary >30k for past 12 months).

I just need advice on what options I can seek. I know some of the options are seeking a better job or Tier-2 General Visa from my employer. But i would like to know what could be the best option. Should I consult any immigration advisors?

I know i need to plan it now so that i could realise it in the future.

Thanks for your help.
There is nothing any immigration advisor can do. If you have to earn 30k to qualify, you will have to earn it. Try to do some contract jobs outside your regular job if possible. Consider doing a part time job etc.