ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Supporting documents for Tier 2 (General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VisaGuidance
Newly Registered

Question on Supporting documents for Tier 2 (General)

Post by VisaGuidance » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 am

Hello friends,

I need an advice from you on the supporting documents needed for my Tier 2(General) visa. My new employer have sponsored me and have given me the Certificate of Sponsoring number. What I need to do is to post my Tier 2(General) application form along with the supporting documents to Home Office.

Can you please clarify the following:

1. Do I need to send a "Cover letter" along with the application form? If so, is there a specific format of the Cover Letter?

2. Do I need to send the print-out of the .pdf file generated from the points-based calculator along with my application?

3. For scoring points against, "Possession of a certificate of sponsorship and resident labour market test completed"; what supporting document do I need to send?

4. I believe for scoring points for "Qualifications", my degree certificate from my University is enough.

5. For "Prospective earnings", what document do I need to send? Is it the Offer Letter from my new employer?

6. For "Maintenence (funds)" , I will be sending my UK Bank statements for the past 3 monts.

7. For "English Language" requirement, since my University is recognized by UK NARIC, my degree certificate would be enough. Isn't it?

Your response is very much appreciated. Please advice me if you want to provide me any other information as well.

Kind regards,

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: Question on Supporting documents for Tier 2 (General)

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 am

VisaGuidance wrote:Hello friends,

I need an advice from you on the supporting documents needed for my Tier 2(General) visa. My new employer have sponsored me and have given me the Certificate of Sponsoring number. What I need to do is to post my Tier 2(General) application form along with the supporting documents to Home Office.

Can you please clarify the following:

1. Do I need to send a "Cover letter" along with the application form? If so, is there a specific format of the Cover Letter?
there is no format... write whatever you think need explanation regrding your case

2. Do I need to send the print-out of the .pdf file generated from the points-based calculator along with my application?
no, thats what application form is for!

3. For scoring points against, "Possession of a certificate of sponsorship and resident labour market test completed"; what supporting document do I need to send?
did your sponsor perform the test? if yes, details will be in certificate of sposorship, i believe

4. I believe for scoring points for "Qualifications", my degree certificate from my University is enough.
yes
5. For "Prospective earnings", what document do I need to send? Is it the Offer Letter from my new employer?
COS contains that info
6. For "Maintenence (funds)" , I will be sending my UK Bank statements for the past 3 monts.
sounds good
7. For "English Language" requirement, since my University is recognized by UK NARIC, my degree certificate would be enough. Isn't it?
mention that in covering letter , and yes you will get point for degree from ur uni
Your response is very much appreciated. Please advice me if you want to provide me any other information as well.

Kind regards,
If you had read guidance notes, then you will have these questions answered already!!!

regards

ace123
Newly Registered

Post by ace123 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi I am going to apply my visa application I have similar questions

1. For scoring points against, "Possession of a certificate of sponsorship and resident labour market test completed"; I am going to include CoS along with copies of advertisement used for LMT, what else supporting document do I need to send?

2. For "Maintenence (funds)" , I will be sending my UK Bank statements for the past 3 months and attaching letter from prospective employer that he will accommodate me for first month and will bear £800 where it necessary.

7. For "English Language" requirement, since my University is recognized by UK NARIC, my degree certificate would be enough and I have IELTS valid certificate.

Would it be enough documents to support my application? Please advise.

dr in distress

Post by dr in distress » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 pm

hi i will be applying for tier2 dependant visa along with my child soon.my husband worked under tier2 for i year in a hospital and now got new contract in different hospital.he continued living in old hospital accomodation which is at 15 minute drive from where he is working now.can i submit this accomodation documents in my application?will it cause refusal because it shows old hospital's name?can someone help me in this thanks