ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right to remain in the UK - Post Dependant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phew-J-tiv
Newly Registered

Right to remain in the UK - Post Dependant Visa

Post by Phew-J-tiv » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:56 pm

** If this is not the appropriate forum for this type of enquiry, please let me know, and I can repost accordingly **

Dear Forum,

I have been in the U.K. on a Work Permit Dependent (Spouse) Visa since January 2008. My Spouse has terminated his employment with the employer whom issued the Work Permit for both our Visa applications. My spouse is leaving the U.K. to take up a different job in our country of origin.

From June 2008 I have worked full time for a well known and established UK registered Ltd. company, NB: without sponsorship, as entitled to under the terms of my Work Permit Dependant Visa . Obviously I am now in the process of finishing my work in the U.K. and am hoping to arrange for an inter-company international transfer, but in the meantime I want to remain in the UK to continue my work.

I therefore would appreciate any advice as to whether I can apply for an extension of stay or apply for an alternative Visa without having to leave the UK. What type of Visa might I be eligible for under my specific circumstances. Will I need to leave the U.K. to undergo this process? I am sure my employer would be prepared to sponsor me, but as I am only likely to remain in the UK for another 6 months, maybe less, is this necessary. Having the choice for how long I can remain would be ideal.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Re: Right to remain in the UK - Post Dependant Visa

Post by pkumar » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:07 pm

I think you became illegal the day your primary applicant left country ... dependent visa is tied to primary visa ....

Wait for seniors for more input ....

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:40 am

Hi,
I believe u may be able to continue to stay in the U.K until the current validity of ur visa. If ur visa has expired u have no other option but return to ur country of origin and apply for the relevant visa.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.