ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No sign & stamp on payslip

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vet

No sign & stamp on payslip

Post by vet » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Hello All,
I am planning to apply for Tier1-general. I get my salary slips online and my employer is not ready to give it signed & stamped. I am not sure how to proceed now. anyone else faced similar issue? Can I mention this in the covering letter and file my application with the online printout of the payslip?

Thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:06 pm

If your employer is not willing to offer you sign and stamp. Then get a letter (Statement of earnings) from your employer for the claim period.

This letter should clearly highlight the following:

1. Gross earnings claimed for the claim period
2. Tax deducted in the claim period.
3. Net salary received in the claim period. (If you add all the net salaries credited in your bank account in claim period then it should be equal to this figure)

Also make him write on the letter that it is a company policy not to stamp and sign the online payslips.

Hope this helps.

[iD]

Re: No sign & stamp on payslip

Post by [iD] » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:53 pm

vet wrote:Hello All,
I am planning to apply for Tier1-general. I get my salary slips online and my employer is not ready to give it signed & stamped. I am not sure how to proceed now. anyone else faced similar issue? Can I mention this in the covering letter and file my application with the online printout of the payslip?

Thanks
You can opt for alternative document. In this case you can go for a letter from employer listing your earnings during the period claimed
Goodluck.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:13 pm

You need atleast one proof from your employer. If you cannot get payslips stamped/signed from your employer, get a letter[Sample Here] from your employer which explain breakup of your "monthly salary" of the claim period. Mentioning only Gross salary of the claim period will not help. Salary break up is required so that case worker can corroborate this employer letter with the net salary credited in your bank for each month.

Thanks

nishantchawla
Newly Registered

Post by nishantchawla » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:38 pm

My company sends pay slips as PDF documents. The document has all the details; company name, employee name, employee number, bank a/c number etc.

I took printout and got them signed and stamped from the payroll department.

The problem is it’s on plain paper not on company letterhead. The document doesn’t have the company logo anywhere. Can that be a problem?

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:54 am

@Nishant:

No, that should no be a problem.

Mine was also a similar case, PDF documents, with no logo. I got it sealed and signed by HR and worked for me.

Best luck with your app.

Cheers,
LC

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:01 am

rizwan567 wrote:If your employer is not willing to offer you sign and stamp. Then get a letter (Statement of earnings) from your employer for the claim period.

This letter should clearly highlight the following:

1. Gross earnings claimed for the claim period
2. Tax deducted in the claim period.
3. Net salary received in the claim period. (If you add all the net salaries credited in your bank account in claim period then it should be equal to this figure)

Also make him write on the letter that it is a company policy not to stamp and sign the online payslips.

Hope this helps.

If i am not wrong, if a employer is not ready to attest a printed salary slip, how will he / she be ready to provide you an letter with all these details.

Go and request them again. They should do it. They cant say ALWAYS that they will not do it. Keep your tone low 8) and request them.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:04 am

nishantchawla wrote:My company sends pay slips as PDF documents. The document has all the details; company name, employee name, employee number, bank a/c number etc.

I took printout and got them signed and stamped from the payroll department.

The problem is it’s on plain paper not on company letterhead. The document doesn’t have the company logo anywhere. Can that be a problem?
90% people are electronically generated salary slips which is not on the company letter pad. As a matter of fact, i got the color print outs (salary slips generated in May 2010) for the claim period FY 2009-2010.

Again, just give the facts. :)

vet

Post by vet » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Thanks all for your reply.I was all excited to apply for a Tier1 and now I am really confused and frustrated :(

I can't get the salary slips signed/stamped because my employer says it is not there in their policy.

So i tried to get an alternate letter from my employer. The problem here is, for every letter that my employer is issuing,
they will always mention the "reason for issuing the letter" in it.
for example, If I tell tell my employer that it is for applying for a home loan, they are will mention in the letter that
"this letter is issued only for applying for a home loan" . if I tell them that it is for a work visa, then i will be screwd :( .

I am sure there must be many people in this forum who faced similar issues due to similar HR policies in their organization.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Think about it with a cool mind. All you need is a stamp and a signature. You can get it done with say somebody in Finance department also or security (the best place as they will not ask any questions).

You could try

1) Bank Statements for 12 months
2) Form 16 from the employer or tax authority

Have a look at the guidance also

So much for experiencing Certainty :D of getting a Tier-1 Visa

Shepherd

vet

Post by vet » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:50 pm

Thanks Shepherd for your reply. I hope I can to find out some way to get it from my company -:)

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:11 am

vet wrote:Thanks all for your reply.I was all excited to apply for a Tier1 and now I am really confused and frustrated :(

I can't get the salary slips signed/stamped because my employer says it is not there in their policy.

So i tried to get an alternate letter from my employer. The problem here is, for every letter that my employer is issuing,
they will always mention the "reason for issuing the letter" in it.
for example, If I tell tell my employer that it is for applying for a home loan, they are will mention in the letter that
"this letter is issued only for applying for a home loan" . if I tell them that it is for a work visa, then i will be screwd :( .

I am sure there must be many people in this forum who faced similar issues due to similar HR policies in their organization.
Sorry to say this mate, but if you cannot face the reality with your employer then you cannot face the world in another country!

Why don't you go to your employer and inform them that you are planning to apply for Tier 1 and you need a letter? :roll: You can always say that you don't have the intentions to leave but then you want to plan for the future incase ...... Who doesn't plan? Does your company stop planning for the future and resort to holding everyone in the company?

I would suggest you, unlike the traditional ask-for-home-loan-letter, to be frank and honest about your intentions. First steps in life ... :D

FC

PS: I used to work for an Indian company which starts with I and ends with S :lol: and I went straight to their office in London, when I was on WP for a client, and told them my intentions. They issued me the letter as well as attested the Salary slips, and they never bothered to inform my manager!! :wink:

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:47 am

Thanks
Tell them the reason who need a stamp and sign is for application of a visa.
I'm sure they wont mind that.

Even for visitors visa these days you need to show income proof, and most employers are aware of this fact.

So be bold and simply ask for it. I did that too!

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Aah, that gives me an idea. Incase you are currently located in India, how about asking them to issue you with a letter since you are planning a Holiday in the Uk ?!!! :D

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:00 pm

Well, there was a similar problem my friend faced. She works for a Indian company that starts with T and ends with S, and the reason she gave was applying for home loan and they said it's not in the company policy to seal and sign pay slips.

They infact said ask the bank representative to speak to us directly.

She was stuck and in a similar position as yours and almost gave up.

Later when she went over to the HR for some other purpose she saw another HR lady signing and sealing some other employee's payslips.

So she asked them again in the juncture and they had no choice but to sign and seal her payslips for her.

So, in your case, you have to be firm, and ask them to show you written evidence that the company policy says they can't sign and seal payslips for you.

Request, be firm, do whatever it takes, you could also tell your real intentions like FC did, but if your manager does come to know, then be ready to tell him your intentions as well.

There is nothing wrong in having, "to live and work in the UK" as your short term goal !

Best Luck.

Cheers, LC.

vet

Post by vet » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:00 pm

I really wanna thank to each one of you for taking time to reply. a BIG Thanks. It really gives me some confidence. -:)
Actually, my initial plan was to tell my employer that it is for visa. however my Colleagues asked me not do do so. So I didnt. The reason everybody said is, our Manager & HR won't do anything that is helping one of their employee to move out of the organization.

vet

Post by vet » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:14 pm

ahh, one more thing, the "holiday travel" reason doesn't work. everyone knows that no holiday visa requires you to show 12 months attested payslip :)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:31 pm

I wouldn't inform my company about my intention to apply for Tier-1. The reason is, once your manager knows your intention/plans, no matter whether you intend to leave company or not... you are always Mr.-can-leave-anytime.
vet wrote:I really wanna thank to each one of you for taking time to reply. a BIG Thanks. It really gives me some confidence. -:)
Actually, my initial plan was to tell my employer that it is for visa. however my Colleagues asked me not do do so. So I didnt. The reason everybody said is, our Manager & HR won't do anything that is helping one of their employee to move out of the organization.

layman

Post by layman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:50 am

but isnt that true for everyone, with or wihtout a Tier 1 visa? ie everyone is Mr.can-leave-anytime. I am sure more employees leave for better opportunities within their country than outside. In fact if you are a good employee, people might start treating you well after knowing this!

I would suggest not to create demons out of our own minds. Tell the facts if/when required and stick to your ask assertively. Tell them that you wouldnt want to stick to an organisation with such flimsy and non-flexible policies anyway, with or without Tier 1.
Last edited by layman on Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vet

Post by vet » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:01 pm

The mistake was already made :( . I already told my employer that it is for a loan and they refused to sign & stamp . Now, i don't know how will they take it if i go back and tell that it is for a Visa and I really really need it :(

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:17 pm

best option is tell them the facts and ask for it. try some other HR/Finance person. Keep on persisting, don't take no for an answer :evil:

chandnip

Signed payslips issue

Post by chandnip » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:44 am

Hi,
I work for a UK based company. I have got my payslips printed on Company headed paper and attested by the CEO of the company (small company :) ). But they say they don't have any company stamps.
So if I submit my attested payslips without the stamp/seal, will they be accepted by the HO for my Tier 1 visa?

Thanks in advance

[iD]

Re: Signed payslips issue

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 pm

chandnip wrote:Hi,
I work for a UK based company. I have got my payslips printed on Company headed paper and attested by the CEO of the company (small company :) ). But they say they don't have any company stamps.
So if I submit my attested payslips without the stamp/seal, will they be accepted by the HO for my Tier 1 visa?

Thanks in advance
as long as your payslips are printed on headed paper you're good to go
Goodluck.

Sreejith KC
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by Sreejith KC » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:59 am

In the last 12 months i worked in 3 companies,i may get payslip signed from two of those companies but one employer is not ready to give me any documents as i left that organization,i worked in that company for 5 months,kindly advice me what do i need to do.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:39 am

Sreejith KC wrote:In the last 12 months i worked in 3 companies,i may get payslip signed from two of those companies but one employer is not ready to give me any documents as i left that organization,i worked in that company for 5 months,kindly advice me what do i need to do.
Apply when you have the documentary evidence(s) you need.

regards