ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant Complications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SSUK

Tier 1 Dependant Complications

Post by SSUK » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks all moderators & others for wonderful information, which is life changing for me & others...
Big Thanks you to all...

I have been in the Uk since 3 years, working on Tier 1 PSW till end of May 2010. Three months prior to this I got married in February. Ten days After my marriage I came back to UK to resume my job and my wife continued the stay at home at native place in India.

My spouse applied for Tier 1 general(Migrant) visa which got approved by Mid of April and a month after that, in May, my wife came to UK.We spent 15 days living together then I gone back to India to file up Tier 1 General (Dependent). My Tier 1 General (Dependent ) visa application got rejected stating:

"I acknowledge the fact you have provided a marriage registration certificate however you have not provided any evidence at all to show me that this is a subsisting relationship and you are genuinely together. You have not provided any of any contact you have had with your spouse since spouse went to the UK. I also note that the bank statements you have provided any further documentation at all in both names or evidence to show that you lived together at the same address until your wife went to the UK
In light of the above I am not satisfied that the marriage was subsisting at the time the application was made or that you intend to live together as husband and wife throughout your stay in the UK.
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirements of the above paragraph(s) of the Immigration Rules."

Note: I have got the joint bank account in India, which was opened after our marriage.

Please also note that I have also submitted a signed letter from my spouse stating that we are living together at the specified address in the UK.....

1> What all documentary and other evidence can I put to prove that we have subsisting relationship and are genuinely together with each other till date?
2> What evidence can I give for any sort of contact after my spouse went to UK and stayed in UK?
3> Can we put the pics of the birthday of relatives that we celebrated together when we were there together there in UK? what if the pics are not dated, if in this case can we put the testimonial of my neighbors who joined us on the occasion?
4> I and my other relatives visited the airport to receive my spouse. Can I provide any written testimony of my relatives who accompanied me to the airport, to prove the same?

I have submitted following documents with my Visa application:
1> My Bank Statement with minumum balance
2> Wife's individual bank statement with minumum balance
3> Marriage certificate
4> Consent letter from Wife
5> Wife's passport photocopy

Please advice at the earliest, this is urgent, so that I can compile all the evidence at the earliest to make an appeal.

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:10 pm

1> What all documentary and other evidence can I put to prove that we have subsisting relationship and are genuinely together with each other till date?
- Your wedding photographs, couple, with friends/relatives/etc
- Wedding invitation card
- Letter from bank where you hold joint account stating that Mr & Mrs.X have been maintaining a joint account since XX-XX with details & residential address
- Any bills (telephone/utilities) bill at same address in your & wifes name

2> What evidence can I give for any sort of contact after my spouse went to UK and stayed in UK?
- Printouts of emails/chat transcripts
- Detailed mobile/phone bills showing her calls to you or vice versa

As for the rest of your questions, in my personal opinion they wouldn't help, but maybe the experts on the forum would be able to shed further light on the same.

3> Can we put the pics of the birthday of relatives that we celebrated together when we were there together there in UK? what if the pics are not dated, if in this case can we put the testimonial of my neighbors who joined us on the occasion?

4> I and my other relatives visited the airport to receive my spouse. Can I provide any written testimony of my relatives who accompanied me to the airport, to prove the same?

SSUK

Post by SSUK » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:41 pm

muhandis.ak wrote:1> What all documentary and other evidence can I put to prove that we have subsisting relationship and are genuinely together with each other till date?
- Your wedding photographs, couple, with friends/relatives/etc
---> I can Provide photographst but it won't have any dates printed on that.
- Wedding invitation card
- Letter from bank where you hold joint account stating that Mr & Mrs.X have been maintaining a joint account since XX-XX with details & residential address
--> There are no transactions in our joint account since we open it
- Any bills (telephone/utilities) bill at same address in your & wifes name

--> I share my stay with my Brother in Law and Sister so all the utilities bill comes in there name apart from the credit card statement and my personal account statement. I can prove my stay at mentioned address but what could be done to prove my wife stay together with me.
FYI, After marriage we were together for a week and half and then I came to UK and she has to wait for her visa to get approved. Once got approved, a month later she flew to UK, and then we were together for another 15 days. We were in constant touch over the vonage phone were none of phones are in our name.

- Printouts of emails/chat transcripts
-->What if some Emails are grouped message, could it be given any consideration
- Detailed mobile/phone bills showing her calls to you or vice versa

----> I use UK mobile sim in the name of my sister, would that be a help

As for the rest of your questions, in my personal opinion they wouldn't help, but maybe the experts on the forum would be able to shed further light on the same.

SSUK

More thoughts are required from the seniors....

Post by SSUK » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:23 pm