ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success in Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psridh
Newly Registered

ILR Success in Croydon

Post by psridh » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi Guys

And atlast I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Firstly I thank everyone in this forum who's been doing a fantastic job in helping people like me with all immigration related queries. Special thanks to susdmehta, for all the help and insight into the immigration process and pointing me to the right direction.

On the day of our appointment, this is how we got it through

Stage1: 0915 - Me and my wife reported a bit too early for the appointment, actually an hour early, but it was my mistake, they dint let me in until half an hour before the appointment was due.

Stage2: 0930: A small queue led me straight to a clerk downstairs, and i thought to myself this is where I'm gonna start the ball rolling (from the posts and insights i received from this forum i was well prepared to answer questions posed to me. But surprisingly, the clerk (looked like an Asian) was very nice to us, and with a few checks he stamped valid on Main applicant and dependant pages on my application and asked us to pay the fee and wait upstairs on the first floor.

Stage3: 1010: Paid the fees and waited for my call. At 10:30 presented my case. Case worker asked for the following documents. After submitting the docs, we were asked to wait until a decision was made.

Application SET(O) with 2 photos each of me and my wife
Payslips
Bank Statements
Letter from Employer
P60s for the last 4 years
2 x passports
Fee Payment Receipt

Stage4: 11:30: Case worker called us and said both of us have received ILR and that i can collect the passports in half hour from the customer service desk.

Stage5: 01:10: Received the passports with ILR stamps on both, although it took a bit longer than expected. But i'm glad it was over, no more immigration woos from now.

Thanks a zillion to all the guys out here who's helped me and others along the way without which it would've been a really difficult mission.

Good luck to all those who're applying, hope you all get it.

Thanks guys.

For details on how my process started and related threads, please refer
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 221#373221