ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

in the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Meninha
Newly Registered

in the UK

Post by Meninha » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi ... Got my FP and I want to know if I can use the NHS here... I went to the GP yesterday trying to register and the receptionist told me that I cant use the NHS with this visa...
but when I was applying I was informed that I was going to have all the rights that my husband has...
The Lady told me that if I prove this she`ll register me at the GP...

Where can I have this information?

thanx

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:35 am

Well, tell the Lady that she doesnt know and she better finds out what you are entitled to, otherwise you will make a complaint.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:58 am

Meninha, I agree with mrlookforward, you have the right to use the NHS and to be registered.

Go back to the surgery and insist upon being registered, and if still told "no", ask for details of the local PCT (Primary Care Trust) and make it clear that you will be complaining to them. And if necessary to do complain to them.

But in practice you probably will not get that far, because usually just asking for the PCT details does the trick, the Surgery Manager is called, and they will back down.

Do not accept "no" as an answer.
John

Meninha
Newly Registered

Post by Meninha » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:36 am

mrlookforward, John
Thanx for your help...
I`ll look forward to do that ... but if you have any document that I could print and take it with me will help a lot ...
I already look on the visa web site and i didn`t find it ...

thanx for your heeelllp =)