ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LEGACY CASE -I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fredom2010
Newly Registered

LEGACY CASE -I NEED YOUR ADVICE

Post by fredom2010 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:28 pm

Hi
I'm new to this forum and I need your advice as I'm very confused.
I've been in UK since 2002.
I was refused asylum and since I was refused I did not get any other correspondence form H.O whatsoever.
Recently I found out through my Local MP that my Case falls under legacy cases and I was given 2 -ref nr.
When I checked them on the HO web it says my case its not being considered yet but a team has been allocated which is CRTS6 Team .
Even since I have asked the MP to find out about my case I have not had any reply from HO.
Now I have allocated a solicitor from but from his repsonse I'm not sure if I should go ahead with my case.(One Stop visa solicitors) found it through web site.

Can anyone give me some advice please as what is best to do in this situation?
Is it worth to allocate solicitor or should I just wait for an answer from HO.
Does the legacy case include the failed asylum seekers as well or only unresolved cases?

Many thanks

mrlookforward
BANNED

Post by mrlookforward » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:09 am

Legacy includes everyone who has not been removed or left country voluntarily. Make sure legacy team has got your correct address details etc. Plus if there has been any changes to your circumstances since you were last in touch with HO, you must update your team about all of the changes. This could include your employment, marriage, divorce, relationship, children etc etc. Best to take advice from a oisc advisor/solicitor who has experience with asylum/legacy cases.