ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My wife's LTR - any benefits for me?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xxxtieee

My wife's LTR - any benefits for me?

Post by xxxtieee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:30 pm

My wife just got her LTR :

Is that beneficial to me in any way? Someone told me that I can apply for LTR 1 year after my wife got LTR. Is this another myth doing the rounds?

Thanks
-xxxtieee-

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:50 pm

To get an LT you yourself should be living and working in Ireland for at least 5 years on the basis of a work permit or work visa. Just because your wife got an LTR doesn't make you eligible for any change in status.

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Thanks .. :)
-xxxtieee-

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:48 pm

if you are on stamp 3 as a dependant of your spouse, and you have 5 years in ireland on stamp 3, you can apply for LTR. if your spouse gets LTR, when your application os being considered if successful you would get stamp 3 for 5 years (no need to renew your stamp on annual basis).
if you are on a work permit basis, then you need 5 years on stamp 1 to qualify for 5 year stamp 4 LTR.