ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Irelander
Newly Registered

Spouse visa

Post by Irelander » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:52 pm

HI all,

just want to know if anyone has got answers for our situation- My wife and I have just moved to Dublin..she has an irish passport and I have my australian passport and were married in Belfast.. when we rang citizens advice about a month ago they said all we needed to do was bring both passports marriage cert and address in Ireland to the Garda in o´connell st and i can get my stamp 4 which is free sraight away..Is that right? because ive heard its all changed in the last few wks..any answers would be greatful

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:53 pm

haven't heard anything about it changing in the last few weeks. Yes that info is correct apart from the fact you have to go to the GNIB office on Burgh Quay not Garda station on O'Connell St. As you are not from a visa required country it's all pretty straight forward.

Irelander
Newly Registered

Post by Irelander » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:42 am

Cheers mate..will i have to get there early with all the queues and that?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:54 am

It's the safer option yes. At least you get done quickly that way. otherwise you could be in waiting for a few hours later and still not get seen!

Irelander
Newly Registered

Post by Irelander » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:58 am

Awesome thanks for the help mate

sarahfancy
Newly Registered

Post by sarahfancy » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:42 am

Hi Irelander,

What happened? Did they give you the visa? I'm in a similar situation (I'm American and my husband is German) and am wondering what will happen with my Stamp 4. I have a job offer already.

Thanks,
Sarah