ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Imp: Wife name not changed on new Passport after marriage

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1_aspirant_del

Imp: Wife name not changed on new Passport after marriage

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:18 am

Hi,

I am in UK on Tier 1 visa and applied for my wife dependent visa from VFS Delhi.

My wife passport got renewed last month only but it has her maiden name and her old family name is not changed on new passport. The new passport has my full name as spouse name and the address is same in mine and her new passport.

She has her old family maiden name only on our marriage certificate and that's why we did not change her name after marriage to avoid any kind of complexity.

Can you please tell if this will cause any problems in her visa and it is a must condition to change spouse name after marriage? I don't want to change her name as her all educational and other documents have her old family maiden name.

Thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Imp: Wife name not changed on new Passport after marriag

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:57 am

tier1_aspirant_del wrote:Hi,

I am in UK on Tier 1 visa and applied for my wife dependent visa from VFS Delhi.

My wife passport got renewed last month only but it has her maiden name and her old family name is not changed on new passport. The new passport has my full name as spouse name and the address is same in mine and her new passport.

She has her old family maiden name only on our marriage certificate and that's why we did not change her name after marriage to avoid any kind of complexity.

Can you please tell if this will cause any problems in her visa and it is a must condition to change spouse name after marriage? I don't want to change her name as her all educational and other documents have her old family maiden name.

Thanks
Absolutely not necessary. By law a woman does not have to change her maiden name in UK or in India. It is her choice. So, it is perfectly alright.

tier1_aspirant_del

Post by tier1_aspirant_del » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Thanks a lot aruni for clarifying it.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:36 pm

Marriage certificate has always maiden name of bride.

If you enclose original certificate then getting her visa approved should be straight forward. It always help If your name is on her passport as spouse.