ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change in visa type?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hypermutley
Newly Registered

Change in visa type?

Post by hypermutley » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi, I am new here, hope someone can help.

Hubby is Irish, when i moved here i applied on non-EU family member visa almost 5 years ago.

A couple of years later, on further inquiry he found out that since he was born in the UK he is entitiled to naturalisation and now has a British Passport. I remained as non-EU family member visa.

My initial 5-year visa is expiring soon. What visa should i apply for as we plan to live here forever? I think EEA4 for Permanent Residency - despite the title of the form wording on the website says "Non-EEA nationals will be issued with an endorsement, which is placed in their passport. This endorsement is valid for 10 years."

But there is also the FORM SETM which i am now eligible for, but can i apply on this as my existing visa is the EU route?

Please help.