ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from UK (Issue with Immigration stamp on passport )

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jas78
Newly Registered

Post by Jas78 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello,

I will be applying for ILR shortly in a few days time,through premium appointment.My query is regarding the absences from UK section,though I haven't been out of UK for more than 90 days at a stretch or in total,I 'd been to Switzerland for holiday for 6 days from 23/12/2005 to 28/12/2005. Now on my passport,there is an Immigration stamp dated 28/12/2005 when I entered back to UK,however there is no stamp for the exit from UK or entry stamp in Switzerland.

Do you think this can pose a problem?.

I don't have the airline tickets or the hotel reservation receipt.

Any advise on this,will be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Jas

shs213

Re: Absence from UK (Issue with Immigration stamp on passpor

Post by shs213 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:36 pm

Jas78 wrote:Hello,

I will be applying for ILR shortly in a few days time,through premium appointment.My query is regarding the absences from UK section,though I haven't been out of UK for more than 90 days at a stretch or in total,I 'd been to Switzerland for holiday for 6 days from 23/12/2005 to 28/12/2005. Now on my passport,there is an Immigration stamp dated 28/12/2005 when I entered back to UK,however there is no stamp for the exit from UK or entry stamp in Switzerland.

Thanks and Regards,
Jas
strangely, I too had the same problem... i.e. no entry stamp in Switz, thought it was probably a mistake... looks like they dont stamp on arrival...

luckily mine was while i was a studnet so didn't matter for my ILR out of days, I gues if your in total within your 180 days by a margin, dont think this will be a problem...

they wouldnt go in to such nittigritt...

Jas78
Newly Registered

Post by Jas78 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks for the response.
If I remember it right,you applied for ILR in the last few days,isn't it.....?
Would appreciate,if you could share your experience with the forum.

Thanks and regards,
Jas

durian

No stamp

Post by durian » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:33 am

Hi Jas

I had applied for 10 year ILR and there were a few entries into countries which didn't get stamped in my passport. I made a note of this in my covering letter. I think this should be ok. UKBA itself doesn't stamp one's passport when he/she returns to the UK from Ireland, for example!

All the best!

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:20 am

Jas78 wrote:Thanks for the response.
If I remember it right,you applied for ILR in the last few days,isn't it.....?
Would appreciate,if you could share your experience with the forum.

Thanks and regards,
Jas
watch this space....

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:21 am

You will be fine. Just mentioned In-Out dates in your application. People travelling to Swiss and sometime France(Via Dover) has same issue. I had similar issue as I travelled to both the places. Just mention In-Out dates in the application form and you will be fine as HO maintain records of your landing cards. Caseworker will be able to corroborate the information provide by you with the info on his system.
Jas78 wrote:Hello,

Thanks and Regards,
Jas