ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner & family

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnanmanzoor

Partner & family

Post by adnanmanzoor » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:22 am

I will be applying for tier 1 in july however, my dependents will not be accompanying me for the first 12 months. do i still need to include marriage certificate and group pix of my family? does my marriage certificate needs to be translated in English?
Adnan

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Partner & family

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:45 am

adnanmanzoor wrote:I will be applying for tier 1 in july however, my dependents will not be accompanying me for the first 12 months. do i still need to include marriage certificate and group pix of my family? does my marriage certificate needs to be translated in English?
If you are not applying for your dependents then you do not need to provide any evidences for dependents...whenever you plan to apply for your dependent it would be a good idea to translate the marriage certificate in English..good luck!!

baggioc0263
Newly Registered

Re: Partner & family

Post by baggioc0263 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:28 pm

adnanmanzoor wrote:I will be applying for tier 1 in july however, my dependents will not be accompanying me for the first 12 months. do i still need to include marriage certificate and group pix of my family? does my marriage certificate needs to be translated in English?
You'd better provide the marriage certificate along with your application as per the VAF 10 form even if your wife would not accompany you within the 12 months of your arrival in the UK.

The marriage certificate must be translated.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:50 pm

In the VAF9, it is mentioned "Unless single, please provide evidence of your marital status e.g. marriage or civil partnership certificate" in the Annex A - Supporting Documents Checklist under personal details section (last page). So, if you have one there is no harm in providing it.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9