ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

coming to the UK with conditions ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m4nn
Newly Registered

coming to the UK with conditions ?

Post by m4nn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:28 pm

hi all new to this and kinda quite confused.
i have a friend who is in Hong Kong and is in the process of changing her BNO passport over for a UK british one.

she is waiting now on the naturalisation certificate and then will apply for her passport & will come to the UK.

thing is, once she has her new passport, can she come to the UK for the first time with it, without any issues?. would she not be asked by UKBA where she is staying or how she is being supported maybe?...i thought once you have a uk passport you can enter freely really.

is there conditions

also, - does she have to wait like 2 years in the UK before she could apply like for a job or income support benefits?

hope that all made some sense,.....
thank you everyone.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 pm

if she has a British passport then she has no restrictions such as entry or claiming benefits but I would like to ask how is she changing from BNO to Full British passport.
Does she have 3 stars on her HKID?
iS SHE Chinese?

m4nn
Newly Registered

Post by m4nn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:21 am

thanks.
her mother is a british citizen and im not sure on those stars.
from 2010 she said you could change your BNO to a full british as long as you hold no other nationality.
its a new thing going on from the last 6 months.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:25 pm

If she fulfils these requirements then she should be ok
The requirements changed in Jan 2010

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/britis ... esspeople/