ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Degree duration confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhi_011

Degree duration confusion

Post by abhi_011 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi All,

I have done MCA from GGSIPU (Guru Gobind Singh University) and the dates which i recieved from college are 01.08.2002 to 02.05.2005.

Well my question is as MCA is considered as 3 years course, however as per the dates provided by my college the duartion comes out to be 2 years and 10 months. In Appendix form i need to mention the exact start and end date of the (mm-dd-yyyy) my qualifying degree.

Where as in the self assesment form i have selected as 3 years and less than 4 years. If i do so then the information provided by me will be contradictory. Please advice.

Thanks,
Abhi

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Degree duration confusion

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:48 pm

abhi_011 wrote:Hi All,

I have done MCA from GGSIPU (Guru Gobind Singh University) and the dates which i recieved from college are 01.08.2002 to 02.05.2005.

Well my question is as MCA is considered as 3 years course, however as per the dates provided by my college the duartion comes out to be 2 years and 10 months. In Appendix form i need to mention the exact start and end date of the (mm-dd-yyyy) my qualifying degree. You need to provide approximate dates. When I applied for Tier-1, I provided approximatelty start-end dates of the degree. I never received any dates from College.

Where as in the self assesment form i have selected as 3 years and less than 4 years. If i do so then the information provided by me will be contradictory. Please advice.

Thanks,
Abhi

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Well my question is as MCA is considered as 3 years course, however as per the dates provided by my college the duartion comes out to be 2 years and 10 months. In Appendix form i need to mention the exact start and end date of the (mm-dd-yyyy) my qualifying degree.

Thanks,
Abhi
Right.. Give approximate dates.

But make sure those approximate dates fall within the course duration :lol: and end date of the course is before the final year exam date / month. For example my university gives the academic transcript which has the exam date / month as April 2010. You have to make sure the end date of the course duration falls on this month :idea:

Hope this helps.

abhi_011

Post by abhi_011 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:54 pm

absolutely this helps alot !!!

I'll mention approximate dates accordingly. And keeping my fingers crossed.

thanks Chetan & indianinwold

Abhi
indianinwold wrote:

Thanks,
Abhi
Right.. Give approximate dates.

But make sure those approximate dates fall within the course duration :lol: and end date of the course is before the final year exam date / month. For example my university gives the academic transcript which has the exam date / month as April 2010. You have to make sure the end date of the course duration falls on this month :idea:

Hope this helps.